• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WFAL and other micropower stations

The University of Dayton's "Flyer Radio" was a part 15 before they either bought or LMAed WGXM and got the 99-5 translator. It was on 1550...you could get it down to Dorothy Lane and occasionally as far as Beavercreek.

techie2 said:
I think WFAL operates under Part 15.221 rules, which permits AM broadcasting on the campus of a university or educational institution provided that the radiated signal does not exceed a certain field strength at the campus boundary.

so....what if the Ohio Legislature passes a law stating that the BGSU camps extends across the entire state?
I smell a LOOPHOLE!!!!! ;D

I smell a horrendous 'ol corporate suit who fears losing his profits and caddy SUV and stuff while he continues to slash budgets and staff.

Less(for us) is more(for you ) ha-chi-chi-chi-chi-chi-chi!

GREAT HORNEYTOADS! BACK OFF VARMINT!!!!

BTW, I know this is more of an engineering thread, but I was playing around with this antenna ...

http://www.isotronantennas.com/ambroad1.htm

What is interesting about this antenna is when the transmitter, 100mw, is placed at the base of this antenna, which can be hung off a tower or building and actually has some reasonable signal level. It's not a paint burner signal, but very reasonable for a small park or campus station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom