• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WFAA at Noon 062105

txfotog

Inactive
Inactive User
hahahahahahahahahahahaha this is so freaking funny......

debbie "dumbass" denmon and michael "el" rey were tossing to weather with new wx guy pete delkus. they were discussing delkus' background and then debbie said that they would all have to go to a baseball game. then delkus says he used to play in the Minnesota Twins organization. debbie replys, "Well maybe you can hit some of rey's balls." Wow, talk about crossing into the comfort level zone real fast!

> hahahahahahahahahahahaha this is so freaking funny......
>
> debbie "dumbass" denmon and michael "el" rey were tossing to
> weather with new wx guy pete delkus. they were discussing
> delkus' background and then debbie said that they would all
> have to go to a baseball game. then delkus says he used to
> play in the Minnesota Twins organization. debbie replys,
> "Well maybe you can hit some of rey's balls." Wow, talk
> about crossing into the comfort level zone real fast!
>

Dude. I was just logging in to post that. Delkus could have uttered a dozen cuss words after that and I wouldn't have heard. I was laughing too hard and too loud. I think the quote was worse: "Michael Rey wants to take you outside and see if he can hit your balls."

I didn't see his reaction, but I'm sure he's got to be wondering how long Duncan is gonna hang around so he can get off the noon show.

Wow.

Yes sir nothing but top notch talent,and Pete is thinking "I moved from Cincy for this?"

> Yes sir nothing but top notch talent,and Pete is thinking "I
> moved from Cincy for this?"
>
Regular three ring at WFAA these days. Demon and El Ray are, at best, middle market talent. Why not bring Mark Matthis, since this situation is missing a clown.

> > Yes sir nothing but top notch talent,and Pete is thinking
> "I
> > moved from Cincy for this?"
> >
> Regular three ring at WFAA these days. Demon and El Ray are,
> at best, middle market talent. Why not bring Mark Matthis,
> since this situation is missing a clown.

A painful start for Delkus with Delightful Deb throwing that one at him. His weather segment at 5 looked pretty good. He already seems relatively at ease with the new surroundings, the brilliant ad libs from his cohorts notwithstanding.

After his forecast a few minutes ago, Delkus was standing next to Troy at the edge of the anchor desk. Macie issued a few words of welcome, then touched Troy on the elbow and said, "We're glad you're here. Now you'll wean us away from you." This was after Troy had said, "Pete will be doing the Noon and five weather (pause)...forever, and I will be doing the six and ten (another pause)...for the same amount of time." As the Chicken Man announcer used to say, "W-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l."

Re: WFAA at Noon 062105 and at 5PM

Jeff Brady was reading the story of the passing of Jack Kilby who invented the silicon chip at T.I..Jack is responsible for making cell phones, radios, and computers work for those who don't know who he was. Anyways,while Jeff was reading the story at 5:09p a "still frame" of a racked up video about the FBI raid on City Council offices was being shown. It stayed on the screen for 22 seconds!. Jeff was not on the screen with it. Also if you looked at the right bottom corner where the channel 8 logo is, you will notice the Temperature. Too bad the temp gauge was showing 79 degrees when the actual temp was 93.

> Jeff Brady was reading the story of the passing of Jack
> Kilby who invented the silicon chip at T.I..Jack is
> responsible for making cell phones, radios, and computers
> work for those who don't know who he was. Anyways,while Jeff
> was reading the story at 5:09p a "still frame" of a racked
> up video about the FBI raid on City Council offices was
> being shown. It stayed on the screen for 22 seconds!. Jeff
> was not on the screen with it. Also if you looked at the
> right bottom corner where the channel 8 logo is, you will
> notice the Temperature. Too bad the temp gauge was showing
> 79 degrees when the actual temp was 93.

Another thread speculated on what Pete Delkus may be thinking about what he's walked into at Channel 8. True, his responsibility is to do well with the weather and isolate himself from production and news and whatever mistakes they make--on their own with no effect on how the weather segments go, unless production starts messing them up, too. But he HAS to be wondering about the faux pas marathon which now surrounds him, especially after the Noon ad lib debacle with the comment about catching his balls. Troy's main job for awhile may lie in assisting Delkus with anxiety reduction.

Another earlier thread speculated on just who may (or may not) be the #1 anchor team around the Belo house in the future. Certainly would be no surprise to see Gloria jump ship, and perhaps McCaa, too. What a fiefdom scramble that would create. But then, everyone may well stay right where they are.

May be some interesting moments on the horizon.

>
> Another earlier thread speculated on just who may (or may
> not) be the #1 anchor team around the Belo house in the
> future. Certainly would be no surprise to see Gloria jump
> ship, and perhaps McCaa, too. What a fiefdom scramble that
> would create. But then, everyone may well stay right where
> they are.
>
> May be some interesting moments on the horizon.
>

Chip Moody is probably spinning in his grave (God Rest His Soul). I thought Jeff Brady left WFAA? Did he leave and come back or did he just change his mind? <P ID="signature">______________
KVIL Highland Park
KVIL-FM Highland Park/Dallas-Fort Worth
Thanks for the memories Ron Chapman!</P>

> >
> > Another earlier thread speculated on just who may (or may
> > not) be the #1 anchor team around the Belo house in the
> > future. Certainly would be no surprise to see Gloria jump
>
> > ship, and perhaps McCaa, too. What a fiefdom scramble
> that
> > would create. But then, everyone may well stay right
> where
> > they are.
> >
> > May be some interesting moments on the horizon.
> >
>
> Chip Moody is probably spinning in his grave (God Rest His
> Soul). I thought Jeff Brady left WFAA? Did he leave and
> come back or did he just change his mind?
>
They brought him back because they needed another fall guy (since scott sams was let go)

> > >
> > > Another earlier thread speculated on just who may (or
> may
> > > not) be the #1 anchor team around the Belo house in the
> > > future. Certainly would be no surprise to see Gloria
> jump
> >
> > > ship, and perhaps McCaa, too. What a fiefdom scramble
> > that
> > > would create. But then, everyone may well stay right
> > where
> > > they are.
> > >
> > > May be some interesting moments on the horizon.
> > >
> >
> > Chip Moody is probably spinning in his grave (God Rest His
>
> > Soul). I thought Jeff Brady left WFAA? Did he leave and
> > come back or did he just change his mind?
> >
> They brought him back because they needed another fall guy
> (since scott sams was let go)

Jeff Brady a fall guy? Nah couldn't be ;-)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom