• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WENN returns

WENN-AM 1320 is broadcasting again today, simulcasting WAGG.

Wonder if they still run Bama basketball games. They mention WENN in the legal ID.

Yes, the legal TOH station ID on 1320 has WENN mentioned.

One would wonder if WENN has signed on just long enough to keep its license active.

It always helps to look things up in the database, they claim to have gone silent in april 2022 due to transmtiter repairs needed... filled again in december that they were still working on it and then filed they went back on air february 17th..

So i suspect.. an edjumikaetd guess.. there was a delay in getting parts.. as there was for everything last year (my ATV which shouldve taken 8 weeks took 6 months!).. and they werent in a rush...... so they got to it when they got to it.

If they were waiting just to save the license, they had 2 more months to dick around before going back on

But are we peons qualified to make such guestimations, @passtheword and @tomservo ?

One would wonder if WENN has signed on just long enough to keep its license active.
WENN was back on the air for a few days, but the last couple of times I scanned the dial this week, they were off the air again.

Yes, i have seen WENN just about every ratings period with a 0.1 share. Maybe people listening to WAGG and/or their translator at 100.1 FM and it being credited as WENN? 610/100.1 usually mentions WENN during the TOH ID.

Yes, i have seen WENN just about every ratings period with a 0.1 share. Maybe people listening to WAGG and/or their translator at 100.1 FM and it being credited as WENN? 610/100.1 usually mentions WENN during the TOH ID.
More likely it is an older listener who was a life-long WENN fan.

When I'd do the diary reviews for WIND in Chicago, a decade after it had converted to Spanish language, I'd see occasional "Wally Philips WIND" and the like. So, even though Wally was gone and wasn't on WIND, WGN and WIND would split credits.

Back
Top Bottom