• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Weigel buying KAZD

Weigel bought KAZA Channel 54 in Los Angeles from Azteca and placed their MeTV network on Channel 54's main channel, thus Weigel can demand it be carried on DirectTV, Dish Network, and cable systems under the FCC "must carry" rule. The rule does not apply to subchannels, and very few non-techie cable and satellite subscribers will connect a proper antenna to their TV set to view over the air channels -- and still cannot timeshift them with the DVR from the cable or satellite company. This has to be the logic behind buying these stations,.

Last edited:
As I predicted, MeTV is moving to the main channel of Channel 55, thus can demand "must carry" from Directv, Dish and all cable and internet TV providers in the DFW area.

MeTV Dallas will be seen on a new channel starting Monday, March 29th at 4am. You will find MeTV with your TV antenna at 55.1, Spectrum on channel 18 or 21, DirecTV and DISH on channel 55, SuddenLink on channel 2, Frontier and Verizon on channels 3 and 503, and AT&T channel 55

As I predicted, MeTV is moving to the main channel of Channel 55, thus can demand "must carry" from Directv, Dish and all cable and internet TV providers in the DFW area.

MeTV Dallas will be seen on a new channel starting Monday, March 29th at 4am.
Same thing happening with sister KYAZ in Houston. ME-TV had been on the .2 of the local NBC affiliate.

55.1 is broadcasting in 720P 16:9. They zoom in a bit so that 4:3 leaves a small black area at the sides. Seems like a good compromise

Attachments

• metv (1).jpg
    metv (1).jpg
    185 KB · Views: 5
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom