• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

We Saw EM! New Towers going up in Zenia

Somebody has some bucks either connected with WGNZ or with whoever wanted them to move from that retail area. Land and copper isn't cheap to build three towers (which is about the number of listeners WGNZ has).

Well, the parcel that those towers were on sold for $757,000 according to Greene County property records. Part of the new site is in a flood plain, so they got it much cheaper ($88,000). I'm not sure how much it costs to put up 3 towers and grounding, but they did make out OK on the land.

As for if anyone listens to the station, it probably doesn't matter too much. Most the day looks like brokered preaching, so I would figure the pay-for-pray brings in good money.

gr8oldies said:
All three towers are standing...I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be using all three unless there's still some tuning to do.

The signal is still very weak here in Columbus so they must still be using just one tower and low power.

techie2 said:
As for if anyone listens to the station, it probably doesn't matter too much. Most the day looks like brokered preaching, so I would figure the pay-for-pray brings in good money.

I doubt they have much overhead in running the station, when not on the preaching they have Salem's Southern Gospel "solid gospel" piped in off the bird. The studios are located at Norm and Tim's church so their not paying for studio space either.

Guys? I don't what happened to HH, the originator of this thread, but I think y'all were being pranked. I'm thinking none of his posts were real. Fun to read, but all hot air.

They are now booming into Columbus. Also, they announced they are broadcasting with 5KW so their CP for their new transmitter site at 5KW is now on the air. They used to broadcast with 2.5KW at their old tower site.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom