• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WDGY translator quality

Was able to listen to 92.1 (St.Paul) and 103.7 (Hudson), the translators for WDGY two weekends ago. Is it just me or do they both sound "weird" now? 92.1 RDS is off, it sounds very quiet, and the processing doesn't appear to be picking the fades up at all. (hinting input levels are low, or AGC is bypassed and nothing is in front of it like a Compellor, C-Level, or Ariane etc.) 103.7 sounds better, but it sounds like there may be a sample rate mismatch or lossy audio being used as it sounded kind of warbly and "off." Both of them (well, at least 92.1) sounded much better a few years ago, anyone know what happened?

Was able to listen to 92.1 (St.Paul) and 103.7 (Hudson), the translators for WDGY two weekends ago. Is it just me or do they both sound "weird" now? 92.1 RDS is off, it sounds very quiet, and the processing doesn't appear to be picking the fades up at all. (hinting input levels are low, or AGC is bypassed and nothing is in front of it like a Compellor, C-Level, or Ariane etc.) 103.7 sounds better, but it sounds like there may be a sample rate mismatch or lossy audio being used as it sounded kind of warbly and "off." Both of them (well, at least 92.1) sounded much better a few years ago, anyone know what happened?
I was in the area today and listened in my car. 92.1 was a little more quiet than usual, but sound quality seemed normal. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

740 AM sounded like it was broadcasting in stereo. I lost stereo as I got further away from the transmitter.

Back
Top Bottom