• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCSM AM/FM/FM Translator sold to employee

My first broadcast employer, WCSM AM/FM (now with translator), is in the process of being sold. No, not EMF, not AFR, but it will remain a locally focused company under the new ownership of Program Director Brent Selhorst, and the newly formed Buzzard Media LLC.
More here: WCSM Radio - We Do It For You !! - WCSM Radio - Home.

John Coe and Hayco Broadcasting has owned the stations since 1977, after purchasing from the late Hugh Johnston. John's video: Log into Facebook

Can't believe I just saw this. Don't get back to that area much anymore or listen to WCSM all that much, but good to see the station continues to be locally owned.
Brent Selhorst must be doing pretty well for himself to pull something like this off!
I used to listen to Service and Music sometimes just for a taste of the area, and because my uncle occasionally called in. I'm pretty sure that has not aired on a daily basis since the start of the pandemic.

Can't believe I just saw this. Don't get back to that area much anymore or listen to WCSM all that much, but good to see the station continues to be locally owned.
Brent Selhorst must be doing pretty well for himself to pull something like this off!
I used to listen to Service and Music sometimes just for a taste of the area, and because my uncle occasionally called in. I'm pretty sure that has not aired on a daily basis since the start of the pandemic.
Mr. Selhorst was an on-air person.......he has a marketing company.. I hope he has good sales skills, he's going to need them!

As I understand, Service and Music is no more. From like 100 calls in 55 minutes to 4 calls in a half hour, it outlived its purpose

Seems like they cut Service and Music back to Saturday at one point, then dropped it altogether. It was obvious when the calls were scarce. Call, let's go to a break, call, here's some music, another call and so on. :LOL:

Seems like they cut Service and Music back to Saturday at one point, then dropped it altogether. It was obvious when the calls were scarce. Call, let's go to a break, call, here's some music, another call and so on. :LOL:
That was always done "top 40" style, banging through callers

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom