• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCCM / WLLH Seeking a (fighting over) a translator?

Did I hear that both WCCM and WLLH are both fighting over a translator?

Is this true?

What frequency?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
WCCM is on the same translator (HD-2 subchannel) as the other Costa -Eagle stations in the Merrimack Valley. In a rather unique way, it is "sharing" a translator already.

WCCM is on the same translator (HD-2 subchannel) as the other Costa -Eagle stations in the Merrimack Valley. In a rather unique way, it is "sharing" a translator already.

That's the translator for WNNW in Spanish...which is funny, because WNNW already has 24 hour authority (with 3Kw).

WCCM being on an another station's "HD2" signal, by it's very nature, (HD) means that most people can't receive it.

1110AM being a daytimer, I can't imagine they are happy about a station that has to sign on at 7:15AM....and sign off at 4:15PM in the winter months.

Wasn't there a translator available for 1110AM?

Also, WLLH is doing a (mostly)music format on 1KW on 1400...I would imagine they would be chomping at the bit for a translator as well. Are none available for these stations?

Did they apply for one?

Last edited:
No prob;btw in same post I said "WCEC 1110 seeks 92.1" I was thinking of the old freq they had...that should say WCEC 1490

The Costa Eagle stations
WNNW 800 (ex-WCCM)--Spanish, Lawrence
WCCM 1110 (ex WCEC?)-- talk,Salem NH
WCEC 1490 (ex WHAV)--Spanish,Haverhill
and now I believe
WMVX 1570 (ex WNSH)--Spanish,Methuen
(former COL Beverly)

Last edited:
I thought WNNW powered down to 0.245 kW at night? Is the 3 kW nights new?

Hmmm....radio locator agrees with you...However, I thought I heard that they were allowed to stay on at 3KW all the time. This was around the time the FCC allowed the 1kw/250w stations to stay on at 1KW all night.

I could be wrong. Add to the fact that the people who run these stations continually forget to power down, sign-off, change pattern at the appropriate times...

Herald's listing of Sports on TV, Radio says Red Sox Spanish network flagship is "WCCM 1490" (sic).Frequency correct but call letters are actually,as I stated above, WCEC with WCCM at 1110.
WCCM of course had calls referring to their frequency of the past,in Roman numerals (800= CCM...The (W)LVI in Ch 56 calls is 56 in Roman numerals)

WMVX 1570 always seems to be in Brazilian Portuguese, not Spanish, when I sample it.

It's supposed to be getting an FM translator, but I've been unable to find anything on the FCC Web site about it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom