• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBRU now on LP?

I'm listening to the WBRU stream and I noticed a top-of-hour ID with what sounded like 3 different over-the-air LPs mentioned. One of them was WBRU-LP, and because it caught me off guard, I couldn't catch the calls of the other two. An internet search isn't telling me much aside from the CP for WBRU-LP, which looks like its set to expire on Monday according to fccdata.org. Is there any other info out there? Thanks!

Jacko

Just heard the ID again, the other two calls were WFOO-LP and WVVX-LP, which are also 101.1 FM. It appears that the frequency is/was timeshared, but the stream is IDing all three. I can't listen for myself as I'm near Boston, but is WBRU actually broadcasting at 101.1?

Thanks!

WBRU-LP, WVVX-LP, WFOO-LP Providence.

They are Indie and sound the way that WBRU should always sound! The signal is what could be expected.

It will be interesting to hear WFOO'S and Brown Student Radio programming on 101.1 once WBRU rightfully reclaims its 95.5 home.

They are sounding like a top shelf Alternative!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom