• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBLS needs to improve on....

412HD

Inactive
Inactive User
Since the merge of Kiss I know i speak for most people agree with me. (HOPE SKIP AND DEON IS READING)
#1 Put Michael Baisden on Afternoon and have Jeff Foxx do traffic on breaks (Michael Baisden had the highest rated Urban show in NYC)(He talks about the real issues in our community that people needs to know..and election day is coming so people needs to be inform about whats going out for folks that didnt catch the news or that never airs on the news)
#2 Sprinkle some Old School house in the playlist. ( We are it the area where house and EPM is the new thing in the pop world)
#3 Extend the Weekday Noon mix from 12p-12:30 to 12p-1p and Friday Afternoons from 12p-1p put DJ Qua
#4 Put DJ Chuck Chillout Friday nights and DJ Red Alert
&
#5 And DJ Darryl James

The Station will move to #3 to #2 for awhile

Just my thoughtss

412HD said:
Since the merge of Kiss I know i speak for most people agree with me. (HOPE SKIP AND DEON IS READING)
#1 Put Michael Baisden on Afternoon and have Jeff Foxx do traffic on breaks (Michael Baisden had the highest rated Urban show in NYC)(He talks about the real issues in our community that people needs to know..and election day is coming so people needs to be inform about whats going out for folks that didnt catch the news or that never airs on the news)
#2 Sprinkle some Old School house in the playlist. ( We are it the area where house and EPM is the new thing in the pop world)
#3 Extend the Weekday Noon mix from 12p-12:30 to 12p-1p and Friday Afternoons from 12p-1p put DJ Qua
#4 Put DJ Chuck Chillout Friday nights and DJ Red Alert
&
#5 And DJ Darryl James

Just my thoughtss

I agree with #2 (adding some old school house into the playlist) PD Skip Dillard is too country to add old school house.

I agree with #3. Extended the noon mix.

I agree with #5. Add Darryl James.

I disagree with #1 (Michael Baiden). I dont like syndication. Plus, Michael Baisden was too country for NYC.

I think WBLS should be happy there is no Urban AC competition.

412HD said:

Being currently tied for third in 25-54 is a extremely good. And they are only a few ticks away from the top with what they are doing.

With those numbers, would you really feel that "messing with" the current formula would be good?

WBLS has already reaped huge gains following the disappearance of its direct competitor. It would seem that it would be appropriate to stay the course with the current programming for a while, then do some listener research to spot strengths and weaknesses and only then make adjustments.

DavidEduardo said:
Being currently tied for third in 25-54 is a extremely good. And they are only a few ticks away from the top with what they are doing.

With those numbers, would you really feel that "messing with" the current formula would be good?

I totally agree David. Over the time I've been on these boards, I have sensed that there is a small group who would rather have change for the sake of personal taste. One thing I was taught very early in my career was, personal taste shouldn't influence programming choices. Sitting where WBLS is, you wouldn't want to mess with it intentionally, especially so soon after a major change in the landscape. It would only confuse listeners more.

Why replace a local show with a syndicated show, when the station is doing well and doesn't have any direct competition??

There will be a few incremental adjustments here or there down the road, but if it ain't broke don't try and fix it it. I'm in agreement with David and Lee all the way on this.

412HD said:

Real issues in the community? Please. The times I have heard the show he is taking calls about girlfriends cheating on their boyfriends. The show is so annoying.

ansky212 said:
412HD said:

Real issues in the community? Please. The times I have heard the show he is taking calls about girlfriends cheating on their boyfriends. The show is so annoying.

He has also raised awareness about the Trayvon Martin situation and about allegations of attempts to suppress the black vote in certain state. In between the salacious stuff, he does speak on real issues. Can't be issues oriented all the time though as the point is to entertain.

Where WBLS must improve is that horrible and distorted sound quality on the webstream. It sounds totally overmodulated at the moment and lots of level problem issues! For a station nr. 3 in the ratings it's no 'business card'....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom