• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBIN-TV Switch

As pointed out earlier, it seems the signal is there, just hiding behind a bad ESPID code.
An interesting quirk, is (at least with my Insignia converter box) when you first click on the channel, the ID and program schedule will show correctly for about a second and a half, then drop to the "No Signal" message!
Also, sometimes when I'm flipping by either virt-50 or 66, the virtuals will switch to their rf-27 channel number and WBIN will be in fine as 27-6, but then disappear again as "No Signal" when the channels revert to their virtual assignments, a few seconds later!

I also have an Insignia converter box that I got back at the time that analog service was being shut down in 2009. My experience with WWJE-DT (formerly WBIN-TV) on that converter box is nearly the same as yours. It hasn't happened recently, but I have experienced numerous times in the past that when I flip past virtual channel 66, the channel number will change to RF-27 on its own.

On the other hand, I have no issues with WWJE-DT on my much newer Homeworx converter box that I purchased in 2016.

I also have an Insignia converter box that I got back at the time that analog service was being shut down in 2009. My experience with WWJE-DT (formerly WBIN-TV) on that converter box is nearly the same as yours. It hasn't happened recently, but I have experienced numerous times in the past that when I flip past virtual channel 66, the channel number will change to RF-27 on its own.
Yes, I noted that too!
There is definitely something screwy with their system! :rolleyes:

As pointed out earlier, it seems the signal is there, just hiding behind a bad ESPID code.
An interesting quirk, is (at least with my Insignia converter box) when you first click on the channel, the ID and program schedule will show correctly for about a second and a half, then drop to the "No Signal" message!
Also, sometimes when I'm flipping by either virt-50 or 66, the virtuals will switch to their rf-27 channel number and WBIN will be in fine as 27-6, but then disappear again as "No Signal" when the channels revert to their virtual assignments, a few seconds later!
Well, it seems they FINALLY fixed it, sometime late last night or early this morning!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom