• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WAY-FM is buying KRKU 93.9 Loveland, CO

WAY-FM is buying KRKU 93.9 Loveland, CO. But they already own KXWA 89.7 Loveland, CO which has a better signal. So I wonder what they are up to?

WAY-FM already has a commercial station in Louisville, KY (which was breifly a simulcast), so I imagine they'll take the ability to sell commercials over the ability to solicit underwriters. The only part that makes me curious is that KRKU doesn't reach Denver proper.

I thought the same thing that maybe they are buying KRKU 93.9 Loveland, CO because they can sell commercials on it. Then maybe they would sell KXWA 89.7 Loveland?

They do not need Denver coverage anymore because they bought KKHI 101.9 Centennial, CO. But neither 93.9 or 101.9 will have city grade coverage in Boulder, CO that 89.7 has now. But maybe being able to sell commercials is more important?

brian.marchand said:
I thought the same thing that maybe they are buying KRKU 93.9 Loveland, CO because they can sell commercials on it. Then maybe they would sell KXWA 89.7 Loveland?

They do not need Denver coverage anymore because they bought KKHI 101.9 Centennial, CO. But neither 93.9 or 101.9 will have city grade coverage in Boulder, CO that 89.7 has now. But maybe being able to sell commercials is more important?

They could always run 'commericals' on 101.9 and 93.9 FM .. while 89.7 has WayFM promos and "impact partner's" or whatever they call their underwriters ...

WAY-FM is selling KXWA 89.7 Loveland, CO to CALVARY CHAPEL AURORA for $3,050,000.

Way-FM paid 750,000 for KRKU 93.9 Loveland, CO.

Way-FM paid $2,325,000 for KKHI 101.9 Centennial, CO.

So it looks like Way-FM will owe 25,000 between the 3 deals. Not bad for better coverage of Denver now. They lose coverage of Cheyenne, WY but Air1 already covers Cheyenne with the same format.

Way-FM is doing a great job. I particularly like their affiliate in NJ known as LIFT FM. They play a lot of rhythmic stuff that I haven't heard anywhere.

They just added a song from an Australian Singer, Stan Walker. Their local dj said no one else in the US is playing this artist, yet he's great.

WAY-FM has snapped up the previously silent Classic Hits 93.9 WLCL in Louisville, KY. Their original entry into the Louisville market, 104.3, is being LMA'd to Radio Multi-Media, Inc. and running a secular hip-hop format. I don't know how long the 93.9/105.9 simulcast will last, but I have a feeling 105.9 will flip to something else.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom