• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

VERY ODD "Beverly Hillbillies" on COZI

This morning San Diego NBC 7 launched COZI and I managed to catch the "Beverly Hillbillies"...two rather odd episodes.

It was very strange that the theme song music was NOT the usual "Beverly Hillbillies" theme song ("Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed, A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,") but rather a generic bluegrass music bed. Also, the production values on the episodes (featuring Bea Benadaret) were terrible...not what I've been accustomed to...

Any ideas? Does COZI/NBC not have the sync rights to the more familiar "Beverly Hillbillies" theme or syndicated episodes?

Ideas?

(Crossposting this to the National TV section)

sdwulfdawg said:
This morning San Diego NBC 7 launched COZI and I managed to catch the "Beverly Hillbillies"...two rather odd episodes.

It was very strange that the theme song music was NOT the usual "Beverly Hillbillies" theme song ("Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed, A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,") but rather a generic bluegrass music bed. Also, the production values on the episodes (featuring Bea Benadaret) were terrible...not what I've been accustomed to...

Any ideas? Does COZI/NBC not have the sync rights to the more familiar "Beverly Hillbillies" theme or syndicated episodes?

Ideas?

(Crossposting this to the National TV section)

Was it the pilot episode (set at the Clampett cabin in the Ozarks), maybe? IIRC, it had a different theme song.

Public domain episodes. The theme song is not in the public domain, that's why their is different music. My bet is it was a 1st season episode, because all of season 1 is public domain.

I love this episode, and made an elaborate edit of the Jed/Pearl interchange to eliminate the laugh track which I will
isolate and post a sendspace link to. I use it as a breakup element in a pop-antipop AM Trainwreck part 15 station.
Hopefully later today.

wncc said:
Public domain episodes. The theme song is not in the public domain, that's why their is different music. My bet is it was a 1st season episode, because all of season 1 is public domain.

They were available on DVD at Cracker Barrel and Wal Mart several years ago. I would bet that Cracker Barrel still sells those public domain episodes. Andy Griffith is another show that has the 1st season in public domain.

wncc said:

It's all of Season 1, and part of Season 2.

microbob said:
Andy Griffith is another show that has the 1st season in public domain.

Actually, it's a little over a dozen episodes from Season 3

THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES running on COZI are from the same source as the ones airing on RTV.

Re: VERY ODD "Beverly Hillbillies" on COZI - MAJOR WEIRD TURN ON THIS THREAD

mysticnitekatt said:
wncc said:

It's all of Season 1, and part of Season 2.

microbob said:
Andy Griffith is another show that has the 1st season in public domain.

This whole thing took a very weird turn the other day.....

I saw the same episode (Christmas in the Ozarks) which had the familiar music omitted in a terrible print on COZI, in a pristine clean print with the original music intact on ME-TV.

Actually, it's a little over a dozen episodes from Season 3

THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES running on COZI are from the same source as the ones airing on RTV.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom