• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

V101.1

Do you think it's a part of the IHeartRadio concert??Or is it a glitch they dont know about??
Is Jeff McMurray out??Hasnt been seen in the building!

travisl5678 said:
Noticed that during the middle of songs they'll play a jingling bells sound effect. Anyone think they'll go Christmas this year?

It's the only FM doing well besides Jack. The station's format is too far away from traditional AC Christmas music.

The CC station going Christmas in Sacramento will be KHLX-93.1 as usual.

V is the only fm in the cluster with decent numbers,but in the most recent every cc station took a huge hit including V101 and JACK,and JACK has underperformed hence the exit of cc JACK guru Mcmurray

travisl5678 said:
Noticed that during the middle of songs they'll play a jingling bells sound effect. Anyone think they'll go Christmas this year?

That sounds like some kind of contest que to call.

I like V's mix of music. I can't say the same for their on-air staff. Dr. John is good, though his shift sounds vt'd.

If it's true, I'm sorry to hear Jeff was let go. Such is life in radio. All that matters to management is the bottom line.

Do they have a Holiday Concert coming up? Like a Jingle Ball 2011? Maybe they ring the bell during one of the scheduled artists songs and when you hear jinglling bell, be the 101st caller to win tickets and backstage passes.

They are part of one of those delightful contests where the 100th "nationwide caller" wins XMAS money. I heard the commercial play a few times over the weekend.

ppmdog said:
V is the only fm in the cluster with decent numbers,but in the most recent every cc station took a huge hit including V101 and JACK,and JACK has underperformed hence the exit of cc JACK guru Mcmurray

I see the search for a new FM Operations Manager was just posted today, Tuesday.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom