• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Two Americas

J

Johnny Morgan

Apparently they could BOTH live on John Edwards' new acreage.

From the Carolina Journal:

Presidential candidate John Edwards and his family recently moved into what county tax officials say is the most valuable home in Orange County. The house, which includes a recreational building attached to the main living quarters, also is probably the largest in the county.

“The Edwardses’ residential property will likely have the highest tax value in the county,” Orange County Tax Assessor John Smith told Carolina Journal. He estimated that the tax value will exceed $6 million when the facility is completed.

The rambling structure sits in the middle of a 102-acre estate on Old Greensboro Road west of Chapel Hill. The heavily wooded site and winding driveway ensure that the home is not visible from the road. “No Trespassing” signs discourage passersby from venturing past the gate.

http://carolinajournal.com/exclusives/display_exclusive.html?id=3848

My personal favorite is the "No Trespassing" signs--lest any of the have-nots want entry to the America that John Edwards lives in.

It's not the fact that he has the dough that bothers me--personal injury lawyers are people too (nominally). It's the hypocrisy of him--there's two Americas, and we need to fix that. But first, I'm going to build a home valued at or near $6 million.

Oh, by the way, I should mention the S Corporation he set up to avoid payroll taxes?

The idea is to do what Democratic vice presidential candidate and former North Carolina Senator John Edwards did back when he was a trial lawyer: Set up your practice as an S corporation, pay yourself a reasonable salary as an employee and then take the rest as S corp profits that are subject to income but not payroll taxes. (S corp profits aren't subject to corporate tax but are all passed through to an owner's return and taxed at ordinary income rates.)

Right now wages of more than $90,000 a year are subject to the Medicare tax, which amounts to 2.9% when both the employer and employee contributions are counted, but not to the combined employer-employee levy of 12.4% for Social Security. (Here it gets complicated: The self-employed pay both the employer and employee share but get to deduct the employer share of payroll taxes when calculating their net earnings for the purposes of both payroll and income tax.)

http://members.forbes.com/forbes/2005/0314/046a.html

Nice. Real nice. Get the government to help those have-nots...but John Edwards himself won't contribute to it. He's really just a blow-dried suit with a paper-meche hrpocrite inside.

It's really hard to take his Katrina talk seriously from behind those $6 million No Trespassing signs.

Johnny Morgan said:
It's really hard to take his Katrina talk seriously from behind those $6 million No Trespassing signs.

And to think that the guy is running as a pseudo-populist. He's got nice hair though! Damn, does he use Breck? I gotta know! :D

Johnny Morgan said:

Presidential candidate John Edwards and his family recently moved into what county tax officials say is the most valuable home in Orange County. The house, which includes a recreational building attached to the main living quarters, also is probably the largest in the county.

“The Edwardses’ residential property will likely have the highest tax value in the county,” Orange County Tax Assessor John Smith told Carolina Journal. He estimated that the tax value will exceed $6 million when the facility is completed.

The rambling structure sits in the middle of a 102-acre estate on Old Greensboro Road west of Chapel Hill. The heavily wooded site and winding driveway ensure that the home is not visible from the road. “No Trespassing” signs discourage passersby from venturing past the gate.

My personal favorite is the "No Trespassing" signs--lest any of the have-nots want entry to the America that John Edwards lives in.

It's not the fact that he has the dough that bothers me--personal injury lawyers are people too (nominally). It's the hypocrisy of him--there's two Americas, and we need to fix that. But first, I'm going to build a home valued at or near $6 million.

Oh, by the way, I should mention the S Corporation he set up to avoid payroll taxes?

The idea is to do what Democratic vice presidential candidate and former North Carolina Senator John Edwards did back when he was a trial lawyer: Set up your practice as an S corporation, pay yourself a reasonable salary as an employee and then take the rest as S corp profits that are subject to income but not payroll taxes. (S corp profits aren't subject to corporate tax but are all passed through to an owner's return and taxed at ordinary income rates.)

Right now wages of more than $90,000 a year are subject to the Medicare tax, which amounts to 2.9% when both the employer and employee contributions are counted, but not to the combined employer-employee levy of 12.4% for Social Security. (Here it gets complicated: The self-employed pay both the employer and employee share but get to deduct the employer share of payroll taxes when calculating their net earnings for the purposes of both payroll and income tax.)

Nice. Real nice. Get the government to help those have-nots...but John Edwards himself won't contribute to it. He's really just a blow-dried suit with a paper-meche hrpocrite inside.

Aww, come on Johnny; you know the famous Democrat M.O.:

Liberals only want to champion causes; they don't ever want to really fix anything.

Poverty, racism, Medicare, health care, tax reductions, the environment, hatred, injustice, etc, etc.
Anything to beat the Republicans over the head with, and keep using it; year after year after year. If you fix the problem, you can't clobber your political opponent with it. so the idea is to talk big about Two Americas, but make sure the status quo is unchanged.

Johnny Morgan said:

Hello, foot? Meet bullet.

rkchgo said:

Nawwwww....folks who would vote for him won't be swayed by inequities. They believe Ms. Breck is "just folks like us" and will continue to so believe.

AKLes said:
rkchgo said:

Nawwwww....folks who would vote for him won't be swayed by inequities. They believe Ms. Breck is "just folks like us" and will continue to so believe.

And't it funny that *I*, of all people here, would speak out against the "pretty boy". <grin>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom