• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

TV shopping News

The ShopHQ network has launched a second channel called ShopHQ Health. The vast majority of the products are health products - COVID Masks, exercise equipment, etc, but they have also have a few shows from the main channel. I don't know if everything is "Live" or "encores" from the main ShopHQ Network. ShopHQ Health recently replaced the main ShopHQ network on WZME 43.1 in Bridgeport, CT/NYC. (That's how Iearned about the network).

Side Note: I recently got a great deal on a watch from ShopHQ. It's an Invitca Watch. Original ShopHQ was Price $169. It was a digital deal on their website for $69. With tax and shipping it came to $84. So the watch arrives in the mail I open up the box and their is a price tag on the watch that says "$495." My jaw literally dropped. I never would pay $500 for a watch, so I was amazed at the great deal I got. - A $500 watch for $69 plus tax and shipping.

In other TV shopping news QVC2 has resumed live programming again. Last year due to COIVD they reduced the number of live hours and eventually switched to all "Previously Recorded" programming (like QVC3). The resumption of live programing began about 2 months ago. Some shows are being done without show hosts and are being done live via skype from the product presenter's home or office. Their flagship Show In the Kitchen with Mary is now on live Saturdays at 11AM Eastern.

S
The ShopHQ network has launched a second channel called ShopHQ Health. The vast majority of the products are health products - COVID Masks, exercise equipment, etc, but they have also have a few shows from the main channel. I don't know if everything is "Live" or "encores" from the main ShopHQ Network. ShopHQ Health recently replaced the main ShopHQ network on WZME 43.1 in Bridgeport, CT/NYC. (That's how Iearned about the network).

Side Note: I recently got a great deal on a watch from ShopHQ. It's an Invitca Watch. Original ShopHQ was Price $169. It was a digital deal on their website for $69. With tax and shipping it came to $84. So the watch arrives in the mail I open up the box and their is a price tag on the watch that says "$495." My jaw literally dropped. I never would pay $500 for a watch, so I was amazed at the great deal I got. - A $500 watch for $69 plus tax and shipping.

In other TV shopping news QVC2 has resumed live programming again. Last year due to COIVD they reduced the number of live hours and eventually switched to all "Previously Recorded" programming (like QVC3). The resumption of live programing began about 2 months ago. Some shows are being done without show hosts and are being done live via skype from the product presenter's home or office. Their flagship Show In the Kitchen with Mary is now on live Saturdays at 11AM Eastern.
so did they just get rid of the main shop hq in your area or just relocate it to a different channel?

on both OTA and cable?
a s**t ton including some obscure ones on cable...heck even all those "infomercial" stations that HC2 Broadcasting has can count as "shopping"
There are only about 10 proper shopping channels on OTA/cable excluding infomercial channels?

These are shopping channels that are available on cable/OTA. I'm only counting proper shopping channels and not 'infomercial' channels. Are there any left out?
HSN
HSN2
QVC
QVC2
QVC3
Jewelery Television
Shop LC
Shop HQ
Shop HQ Health
Bulldog Shopping Network

I remember when, in the Kansas City area, it used to just be HSC (I just barely remember that.), ValueVision & America's Store on OTA TV. HSC was on KMCI-TV, Ch. 38 full time until 1995. ValueVision was on both K35CT (Now Daystar owned KCDN-LD.), Ch. 35 (Now Virtual Ch. 43.) & K48FS (Now Univision affiliate KUKC-LD.), Ch. 48 (Now Virtual Ch. 20.). America's Store was on K26CR, until 2006, then on (Now HSN owned & operated.) K45IO, until 2007. We also had Shop at Home which was carried, in the overnight hours, on th Ion TV owned & operated KPXE-TV, Ch. 50 after they dropped overnight programming from the Worship Network.

Last edited:
And today SHOPLC on KCTV5 and others. KPXE has QVC and QVC2. HSN on KMCI and couple of others. Jewelry TV on a couple including KGKC Telemundo per some Online listings. No Bulldog Shopping Network other then in Sprectrum's lineup among others. Shop HQ Health not yet. ShopHQ on some.

I remember when, in the Kansas City area, it used to just be HSC (I just barely remember that.), ValueVision & America's Store on OTA TV. HSC was on KMCI-TV, Ch. 38 full time until 1995. ValueVision was on both K35CT (Now Daystar owned KCDN-LD.), Ch. 35 (Now Virtual Ch. 43.) & K48FS (Now Univision affiliate KUKC-LD.), Ch. 48 (Now Virtual Ch. 20.). America's Store was on K26CR, until 2006, then on (Now HSN owned & operated.) K45IO, until 2007. We also had Shop at Home which was carried, in the overnight hours, on th Ion TV owned & operated KPXE-TV, Ch. 50 after they dropped overnight programming from the Worship Network.

In 2021 ValueVision is ShopHQ.

ValueVision
ShopNBC
ShopHQ
Evine/Evine Live
ShopHQ

I heard that ShopHQ's studios are located in Minnesota the former studios of the long defunct shopping network Cable Value Network - CVN. CVN was bought out by QVC.

One of ValueVision's early on-air presenters was a woman named Carmella. Later she was involved in the founding of the short-lived, now-defuct (for longer than they existed) shopping channel callerd Worldwide Shopping Source - WSS. Later after WSS folded she was an on-air presenter at one of those Reverse Auction Gemstone Shopping Channel. I don't know where she is these days.

And today SHOPLC on KCTV5 and others. KPXE has QVC and QVC2. HSN on KMCI and couple of others. Jewelry TV on a couple including KGKC Telemundo per some Online listings. No Bulldog Shopping Network other then in Sprectrum's lineup among others. Shop HQ Health not yet. ShopHQ on some.
I wonder if ShopHQ Health is carried on any satellite or cable providers other than the ones that carry WZME/43.1 Bridgeport, CT/NYC. According to the Rabbit Ears Site, WZME is the only OTA affiliate of ShopHQ Health and they have it listed as WEDW because WZME channel shares with WEDW.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom