• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Translators originating programming and over powered

K235CS is currently on 96.9 instead of 94.9. It’s easy to pick up with KTHT HD being off frequently.

What about 99.5? It’s supposed to be two translators north and south of Houston, but instead they have just one transmitter between the two

KOHV is a low power FM. It can originate programming. K258DA is a translator which one can only guess is retransmitting KOHV.

BTW: K258DA has a construction permit :
I am not sure of the direction part of the application but if it is non directional it could "cover up" KOHV but they most likely would not report it. I think the real question is are these two organizations really the same?

I am having some trouble with the FCC website so the exact "legal" status of either is hard to say but the FCC lets translators do stuff that sometimes makes me wonder.

KOHV is a low power FM. It can originate programming. K258DA is a translator which one can only guess is retransmitting KOHV.

BTW: K258DA has a construction permit :
I am not sure of the direction part of the application but if it is non directional it could "cover up" KOHV but they most likely would not report it. I think the real question is are these two organizations really the same?

I am having some trouble with the FCC website so the exact "legal" status of either is hard to say but the FCC lets translators do stuff that sometimes makes me wonder.
The few times I’ve checked KOHV is completely off the air. The 99.5 translator is originating programming and is overpowered. KOHV was mentioned in the La Nueva top of the hour ID. It could make 94.1 legal (programming wise) if it was able to receive it directly off the air.

The few times I’ve checked KOHV is completely off the air.
I have never heard any sign of KOHV ever being on the air, and I am within its supposed signal coverage. K258BZ (Radio Dabang) usually has a decent signal at my Cy-Fair location unless tropo is kicking up. KOHV has tried, unsuccessfully, to get a frequency change to either 95.3 or 99.9. Apparently they were unaware of translator licenses they were short spaced against on those frequencies.

Meanwhile at a check this morning, K235CS is still missing from 94.9. I am hearing Radio Vida programming on 96.9, but the signal is much weaker than normal reception of K235CS on 94.9. It might be K245CQ, which apparently has been Spanish language religion the past few months, no longer rebroadcasting KWWJ.

Reactions: HTX
Meanwhile at a check this morning, K235CS is still missing from 94.9. I am hearing Radio Vida programming on 96.9, but the signal is much weaker than normal reception of K235CS on 94.9. It might be K245CQ, which apparently has been Spanish language religion the past few months, no longer rebroadcasting KWWJ.

Is there a humming in the sound? Radio Vida's outlet here in my city has a hum that's pretty noticable during talk.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom