• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Translator moves

WVFJ has applied to move their morrow 100.1 fm translator to 106.3 fm and boost it to 38 watts from the current 5 watts. I see that there is another translator for an am station licensed to East Point also on 100.1 and it just applied to boost its signal if the WVFJ translator is granted a move to 106.3fm. The translator carries the WVFJ HD 3 signal which is a Christian Rhythmic CHR format to Morrow and Jonesboro. With the boost my ability to listen with an analog radio will increase in Stockbridge. Im on the edge of the HD signal

Is a 106.3 translator on the southside even going to be listenable? I get this station out of Fort Valley/Macon in Gwinnett and it stomps all over the W292EV WFOM translator half the time. I know translators don't have interference requirements between themselves, but nobody is going to want to listen to that chop.

WQBZ Fort Valley WQBZ-FM Radio Station Coverage Map
W292EV Marietta W292EV-FM Radio Station Coverage Map

I wonder what impact the 106.3 Fort Valley signal will mess with it. I see the new translator is on the air being fed by 93.3 HD2 which is the Joy Praise Worship format. I hope this is temporary and that the hits and hip hop of LF Radio will return to this translator

Just to make matters more interesting the is a 106.3 translator in Carrolton:

Steve has been very "protective" of his signals. IIRC Gradick and the Dickies squabbled over 680's 93.7 messing with 1060's 93.7 signal.

One would think it's going to take a very directional antenna at a height that allows at least 100 watts. A beam tilt adjustment could have a positive effect too. Back of the envelope engineering: A cell tower or hotel roof top near the airport with deep nulls toward Marietta and Tallapoossa might work better. The Dickies should think about buying this translator and rework the coverage on both of the 106.3 translators to help out 1230.

Dumb Questions of the week: Could two translators (same ownership) on the same frequency go directional away from each other on the opposite ends of a tall building's roof top?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom