• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Toyota Drive to the End Zone

::) Has it come to this?

Actually, later on I heard a specific car dealer's name. I shouldn't say it here, probably.

But that's the price of a community radio station. They do have plenty of advertisers.

I don't even like football, but I had the clock radio set to come on when Paul Harvey does during the week. Clock radios don't know it's Saturday and I usually end up hearing football unless I turn it off.

If I'm lucky, though, the station plays Westwood One standards. This is a format that is hard to sell to advertisers, but if it's the community radio station, the format doesn't really matter. It started out as oldies, but ABC dropped one of their three oldies formats (did they REALLY need three?) and, fortunately, the owner used to work for an ABC standards station and his morning show still sounds pretty much like that.

Now his son does straight oldies in the afternoon. I guess you have to do that sooner or later because he takes requests. My request would be ... stick with what Pop plays in the morning! You do NOT play "Take It on the Run" by REO Speedwagon if your format is Westwood One standards.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom