• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tony Bennett has Alzheimer's

That’s too bad. Tony Bennett is a living legend, my 95 year old mother has Alzheimer’s and it’s a terrible disease, my heart goes out to Mr. Bennett and his family.

Reactions: drt
The man is 94 years old. For some reason, our society wants to attach or blame some disease label like Alzheimer's for someone who's just getting very old. I think by the time you reach 90, you're allowed to be forgetful or show signs of dementia. It isn't always considered Alzheimer's.

If he was diagnosed between four and five years ago, there’s no reason to assume his doctors didn’t take the proper steps to ascertain his condition. I’ve lost, and am losing, family members to other forms of dementia. Quite conspicuously explained as not Alzheimer’s by the doctors upon their thorough evaluations. No reason to assume the statement issued in regard to Mr. Bennett is anything other than a proper medical diagnosis.

Sad to hear but what a career, with the same basic songlist. His son managed his career and made him hip all over again with appearances on MTV, the Simpsons, late night TV and more.

Sad to hear but what a career, with the same basic songlist. His son managed his career and made him hip all over again with appearances on MTV, the Simpsons, late night TV and more.
One of my favorite Bennett appearances was on SNL. Alec Baldwin had been doing reoccurring impressions of Bennett on that show. and Tony Bennett himself showed up as one of Alec/"Bennett's" guests on "The Tony Bennett Show". Gold...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom