• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Today Radio Lost One Of The Good Guys...Bill Burkett

Sad news guys. Radio just lost a great friend tonight (12/8). Bill was certainly mine for about 25 years. He never knew a stranger and truly was one of the good guys in radio. He was also my mentor and boss for a time. Bill we luv ya...you will be greatly missed my friend.

Some of you may remember when Bill programmed in Oklahoma City....
Please pass the word along because the family mentioned that some of his friends may still not have known about his condition. Not surprisingly, Bill didn't want much fuss made over him...true to his character throughout his life.

No word yet on any services or plans locally...but I will pass it along what I find out.

tk said:
Sad news guys. Radio just lost a great friend tonight (12/8). Bill was certainly mine for about 25 years. He never knew a stranger and truly was one of the good guys in radio. He was also my mentor and boss for a time. Bill we luv ya...you will be greatly missed my friend.

Some of you may remember when Bill programmed in Oklahoma City....
Please pass the word along because the family mentioned that some of his friends may still not have known about his condition. Not surprisingly, Bill didn't want much fuss made over him...true to his character throughout his life.

No word yet on any services or plans locally...but I will pass it along what I find out.

What a shame..I worked with Bill when he moved down to KOMA to replace Charlie Cusak back in the late 1970s. I think Bill had come from WKY, and brought a traffic girl with him to work at KOMA as well. Nice guy, never had an issue with him. How old was he, and how did he pass away?

He was 66, wasn't able to find out what the cause was.

If you were at KOMA when Bill was there, then I probably worked with you.
Skip Edwards

Bill was a heck of a nice guy. Didn't he go to law school? I remember they brought in Russ Spooner after Bill and WKY was all over the place. Spooner was a dic guy that I had always heard was hard to get along with. At least WKY still had a decent news department at that time. But, man, I'm sure sorry to hear about Bill. What a facility they had for a single AM radio station!

Bill was my PD at KRKE in Albuquerque when it was owned by Gaylord. Bill was a class act and he taught me a lot about radio. So sorry to hear of his passing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom