• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Today Radio Lost One Of The Good Guys...Bill Burkett

Sad news guys. Radio just lost a great friend tonight (12/8). Bill was certainly mine for about 25 years. He never knew a stranger and truly was one of the good guys in radio. He was also my mentor and boss for a time. Bill we luv ya...you will be greatly missed my friend.

Please pass the word along because the family mentioned that some of his friends may still not have known about his condition. Not surprisingly, Bill didn't want much fuss made over him...true to his character throughout his life.

No word yet on any services or plans locally...but I will pass it along what I find out.

Sad to hear about Bills passing. First met him back in 1968 I think, he was PD of WBSR in Pensacola and I was a young Navy guy just stationed at Correy Field. Saw the station and stopped by to say hi. Was talking to some of the jocks in the lobby and mentioned that I had worked at WCOL in Ohio and he popped his head out of the office. Offered me a part time gig on the spot! Lot of fun at that station and never a cross word from the PD, just encouragement and subtle "adjustments" for any transgressions ::)

If theres a Rock and Roll radio station in Heaven Bill is signing on. Condolences to his family.

I had the distinct pleasure of working with/for Bill Burkett from 2003 thru 2009 and remained close friends with him after moving from the Sevierville market to the Knoxville market. Bill and I did the Mountain Morning Show with Bill and Tammy on 106.3 The Mountain, and prior to that did the afternoon drive on Mix 105.5. He was my mentor on so many levels, but I think most importantly he showed me how to be myself and maintain my humility. I love Bill and will miss him in my life, on the air, in my town...forever. The world will never be the same for Bill's absence from it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom