• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Toby Keith dies of cancer at 62

Three new members of the Country Music Hall of Fame were announced today. One of them was Toby Keith.

There are three categories: Musician, Veterans Era (40 years or more), and modern era (25 years or more). Toby was in that last category. The other two were John Anderson and musicians James Burton.

The voting for the Hall took place before Toby died. Had he died earlier, he would have been ineligible this year.

To get slightly off track, if "Swingin" is the only song from John Anderson that you know, listen to the album "Seminole Wind". Great album overall and "When It Comes To You" with Mark Knopfler is over the top.

Toby Keith was great. Great music, great humor and from what I have heard from people who knew him, a great guy.

To get slightly off track, if "Swingin" is the only song from John Anderson that you know, listen to the album "Seminole Wind". Great album overall and "When It Comes To You" with Mark Knopfler is over the top.
Seminole Wind and Straight Tequila Night are two of the songs on my "must play" collection list.

Toby Keith was great. Great music, great humor and from what I have heard from people who knew him, a great guy.
"Swingin'" no more defined Anderson than "Elvira" defined the Oak Ridge Boys.

I always kinda liked "Chicken Truck".
I actually liked "Swingin'" better. But many country acts of that era recorded throwaway ditties at some point in their careers. It was an easy way to get pop crossover in the '70s and '80s. "Seminole Wind" is a great song with a message, but it was never going to be sent to CHR, nor were hard-country songs like "She Just Started Liking Cheating Songs" and "I'm Just an Old Chunk of Coal."

Back
Top Bottom