• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

This sucks

M

MsMusicRadio

With WDUV going Christmas, Smooth Jazz and classical gone--------the only thing I can listen to to go to sleep is jazz on WUSF and that ends at 5AM. I was in South St.Pete yesterday and 89.1 was barely audible on a car radio. Why did Cox do XMAS on 2 stations?

Relax. I'm pretty sure WDUV always goes holiday music every year over Thanksgiving weekend. I'd bet money they're back to the usual Sunday night or Monday morning. No way are they gonna keep both stations playing holiday music for and entire month.

MsMusicRadio said:
With WDUV going Christmas, Smooth Jazz and classical gone--------the only thing I can listen to to go to sleep is jazz on WUSF and that ends at 5AM. I was in South St.Pete yesterday and 89.1 was barely audible on a car radio. Why did Cox do XMAS on 2 stations?

You listen to go to sleep and you are upset because the jazz ends at 5am? You don't need music to go to sleep. You need to see a doctor and check why still at 5am you are still awake.

RADIO geek squad said:
MsMusicRadio said:

You listen to go to sleep and you are upset because the jazz ends at 5am? You don't need music to go to sleep. You need to see a doctor and check why still at 5am you are still awake.

Dodtor,doctor,I got the fever,you got the cure

Doctor,Doctor Mr.M.D,-------------------

MsMusicRadio said:
Smoth Jazz WSJT is still around. It is "hidden" at 98.7 HD-2.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

badjef said:
MsMusicRadio said:

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

I expected more from you, badguy!

MsMusicRadio said:
badjef said:
MsMusicRadio said:

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!
I expected more from you, badguy!
It's "badjef" - my name, not my lifestyle. :)

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

MsMusicRadio said:

That's ok.
But you can hear Smooth Jazz on "Play"'s hd2. I haven't found it online. There is also satellite as well.

If the locals won't provide an avenue for the tastes of a market, they need not complain when a "consultant" comes in and says it won't work.

It was said "Disco" as a format was too ethnic for mass appeal - in 1978.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

With WMNF adjusting their line-up, they could have made room for more jazz or even some classical.

MsMusicRadio said:
With WMNF adjusting their line-up, they could have made room for more jazz or even some classical.

Yes, and they did this before when we lost our previous smooth jazz outlet, 102.5 The Wave. Anyone remember the "Sunday Jazz Wave" with Norm Hale on WMNF?

RMarino said:
MsMusicRadio said:

Yes, and they did this before when we lost our previous smooth jazz outlet, 102.5 The Wave. Anyone remember the "Sunday Jazz Wave" with Norm Hale on WMNF?

The Sunday Jazz Wave was pretty good. I have some old tapes of it somewhere. WMNF still has the *BEST* jazz show... The Sunday Evening Jazz Clinic, "with your host and clinician Robert Cunningham". That dude spins some great stuff and his delivery is amazing...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom