• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

the worst song I ever heard

I'm sure you guys were all, like, TEN when these guys were around, but that band JELLYFISH was the worst alternative group ever.

And they weren't even alternative. Unless you call wearing stupid big hats and unmatching baggy clothes and fifty losers on stage with you alternative.....

....wait a minute, I think I just described about three thousand rap acts.........

icycool7227 said:
I just heard the worst song - Starlight by Muse. I would never see their concerts thats for sure.

I actually like that song (not enough to go and buy the album) but I have friends who SWEAR that Muse was the BEST live show they have ever seen. And they aren't the typical snooty Alternative music lovers either :)

Beejus said:
icycool7227 said:
I just heard the worst song - Starlight by Muse. I would never see their concerts thats for sure.

I actually like that song (not enough to go and buy the album) but I have friends who SWEAR that Muse was the BEST live show they have ever seen. And they aren't the typical snooty Alternative music lovers either :)

I have heard the exact same thing. Seeing Muse live is supposed to be some kind of life altering experience. Never been a HUGE fan of them, but I think Starlight is a pretty good alt. rock tune. Knights Of Cyndonia on the other hand........eeeesh. But to each their own.

I have heard people refer to Black Holes And Revelations as Muse's debut, or second album. Wrong! I'm not even that big a fan, and I know that this is album number 4 for them (following Showbiz, Origin Of Symmetry, and Absolution - OOS was the only one not to get a Stateside release).

Muse's best song IMO is "Stockholm Syndrome" from Absolution. Incredibly underrated song. It has the core elements of their sound and rocks like nothing else I've heard from them. I'm not too crazy about their more recent material. It seems like they've been listening to too much Queen lately.

MoLarryMoLarry said:
I'm sure you guys were all, like, TEN when these guys were around, but that band JELLYFISH was the worst alternative group ever.

And they weren't even alternative. Unless you call wearing stupid big hats and unmatching baggy clothes and fifty losers on stage with you alternative.....

....wait a minute, I think I just described about three thousand rap acts.........

I was 17-20 when this band was around. The outrageous thing is that Paul Mcartney loved these guys. Sir Paul while great himself has no tastes in music. This was further proven in 01 during the 9/11 MSG benefit when he raved on about Five For Fighting.

You can't go what Beatle Paul says - he hasn't exactly been doing anything worth a listen since Wings, and that's pushing it...!

Alt stations for as long as I can remember have jumped on the one hit wonder novelty acts. Other than hip-hop, alt rock (the radio friendly ones anyway) artists don't last very long in general, and a good deal of the ones that do don't get airplay for their new stuff after a while, like Pearl Jam. It's a very fickle genre.

That said, the "Handlebars" song is really freakin' bad....!

I would definitely agree that "Handlebars" by Flobots is awful. It's really annoying.

But since the thread is called "The Worst Song I Ever Heard", I thought of a few recent examples....

"Walk, Idiot, Walk" by The Hives is hideous
"The Hardest Button To Button" by The White Stripes makes me want to jump off the nearest bridge
"Through The Fire And The Flames" by Dragonforce....Their guitarists are AMAZING, but the song is so ridiculous and over-the-top.

On the alt-rock side of things:

1. "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" - The White Stripes
This is a bad remake of a minor hit originally done by Gary Puckett (post Union Gap) around 1970. The original never made the "Top 40" to begin with.

2. "One Step Closer" - Linkin' Park.
Over the top loud and annoying. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised when I heard "In The End".

3. "Do The Evolution" - Pearl Jam
Same as #2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let me tell you about my favorite truly bad song. It's not only a truly bad song, but it's a truly bad recording as well. A double whammy!! It's soooo bad, that it's "good" in a warped way.

"PUT THE BONE IN" by Terry Jacks (and covered for joking purposes by Soul Asylum in the early 1990s).

One of the biggest hits of 1974 was "Seasons In The Sun" by Terry Jacks. The song was written by Jacques Brel with English lyrics by Rod McKuen. "Put The Bone In" is on the B-side. Terry Jacks wrote it.
It clocks in at under 2 minutes and has some of the stupidest lyrics ever... "Put The Bone In, he asked at the (farm or bar). 'Cause my doggies been hit by a car. And I do want to bring him home something... Put the Bone In he yelled out once more..." Then it was performed so off-key and poorly that if you turn up the sound as the last chord fades out, you hear Terry say "Oh, No". Hilarious! Somebody must have decided that this would be a funny thing to put on the B-side. Well, "Seasons In The Sun" was a multi-million selling single. No other Terry Jacks solo record came close in sales. So, most people's only example of Terry Jack's writing skills is the horrendous "Put The Bone In"! He actually has composed some good songs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom