• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Wolf

When I first saw this post, I was surprised because I haven't seen many 70s songs in the playlist. I figured the OP mistook the Travis Tritt cover for the original. But then I looked through the recently played, and sure enough, it was The Eagles. I'm surprised. IIRC the only Eagles song that got a lot of country radio airplay in the 70s was Lying Eyes. It may have gone Top 10. Other people recorded Eagles songs that got country airplay, such as Heartache Tonight by Conway Twitty. Don't hear much Conway on KPLX. Then again, Don Henley is from Dallas.

When I first saw this post, I was surprised because I haven't seen many 70s songs in the playlist. I figured the OP mistook the Travis Tritt cover for the original. But then I looked through the recently played, and sure enough, it was The Eagles. I'm surprised. IIRC the only Eagles song that got a lot of country radio airplay in the 70s was Lying Eyes. It may have gone Top 10. Other people recorded Eagles songs that got country airplay, such as Heartache Tonight by Conway Twitty. Don't hear much Conway on KPLX. Then again, Don Henley is from Dallas.
Don Henley is from Linden, Texas which is the county seat of Cass County, Texas.

It's Sunday night. Does KPLX run some sort of specialty show or syndicated programming during these barely-listened-to hours? That could explain the presence of a mid-'70s outlier in the playlist.

Was going to say the same thing but may I say…I find it sort an inspired choice and wish more stations took that risk.

Early Eagles (pre-Hotel California) should be fine on most country formats. Probably not on formats where anything above a steel guitar is off limits, of course.

By now, most people know Vince Gill joined the Eagles after Glenn Frey passed.

Back
Top Bottom