• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Transportation Has It!

Silkie said:
On The Wings Of A Snow White Dove - Marty Robbins

Absolutely beautiful!
Silkie, Where did you find a cut of Marty on the quoted title? (I've heard it by numerous CW, i.e., Ferlin, Faron, Geogre Jones, but not Marty.) BTW - Marty is my wife's favorite CW singer and one of my top ten. Thanx.

I didn't find a copy of it, GLB. I have heard it only once. I posted it because while I was having coffee the brightest, whitest dove I ever saw in my life hovered over the water with its wings outstretched (kind of, while flapping) and then dipped down for a drink of water before flying off.

The Marty Robbins version is just very pretty as I recalled it. I decided that the water was made alive. Today early, a different kind of a bird - very attractive, but not a dove, don't know what kind. Every time it went in it speared a fish quite easily and came back out of the water as if to show it off before gobbling it down in three swallows.

Silkie said:
I didn't find a copy of it, GLB. I have heard it only once. I posted it because while I was having coffee the brightest, whitest dove I ever saw in my life hovered over the water with its wings outstretched (kind of, while flapping) and then dipped down for a drink of water before flying off.

The Marty Robbins version is just very pretty as I recalled it. I decided that the water was made alive. Today early, a different kind of a bird - very attractive, but not a dove, don't know what kind. Every time it went in it speared a fish quite easily and came back out of the water as if to show it off before gobbling it down in three swallows.
Thanks Silkie. I'll continue to look for it, anything by Marty is worth having. BTW - your descriptive of the dove was so refreshing, you painted a picture which I'll envision every time I listen to the stated song.

Honky Tonk Train Blues - Meade Lux Lewis

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom