• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The state of DFW Radio

who is going to buy 620 and what are they going to do with it?

Here's what bugs me about DFW radio these days.

Let's start with Clear Channel and Cumulus since that's the most obvious:

Clear Channel owns CHR "106.1 Kiss FM," and Hot AC/Adult CHR "Now 102.9." These two stations can sound pretty much identical in some ways but (in my opinion), this is just the tip of the iceberg. Kiss/Mix-wannabe Alternative "102.1 The Edge" will literally play the same songs 106.1 and 102.9 play but adding whatever 90's rock band you can also hear on Rocker "97.1 The Eagle," not to mention whatever classic rock you can also hear on "Lone Star 92.5." See the connection.

I also wanna mention Cumulus because this is the obvious. At Clear Channel, you got your pop and rock stations under one roof. At Cumulus, you got your country and news/talk radio under one roof! Might I add CBS Radio having KLUV and Jack FM (both playing oldies of some sort) which can also bleed into KVIL's Hot AC format. Still pissed that CBS hasn't dumped the Fan and whatever Spanish station is on 107.5.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the formats are just confined into one radio company. To me, that doesn't sound like a good thing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom