• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Spy 105.3 (KINB-FM) is "Off The Air"

Moxie

Inactive
Inactive User
According to The Spy's Facebook page: "To be specific: yes, we're no longer broadcasting on 105.3 FM. It's too detailed to go into at any length right now... but we want the airwaves back, and we're working on it. Thanks." http://www.facebook.com/1053thespy/posts/146232892095748

The station is still playing "Spy-Like" music, but Ferris has been directing listeners on Twitter and Facebook to listen on the internet stream - and it's definitely not a simulcast.

Does anyone have any clue what's happened?

Moxy,

Asking as an out of towner who is currious, what is going out over the air at 105.3? If the spy is gone, what's on the air? The other site says that it is still called the Spy, but it not a simulcast? Is the analog version the same kind of music? Harder rock? What's up?

--The Radio Kid
(Oswego, NY.)
My email: [email protected]

Yeah, it sounds like what Citadel wanted for the station was far less than what it was appraised for.

So rather than take a loss, they kicked out Ferris and are playing old tapes from the previous Spy incarnation for ... however long.

The only way to hear the actual Spy at the moment is at http://www.thespyfm.com/

I hope Farid Suleman has a salt and pepper shaker handy. That way it'll taste better when he has to eat that signal. LOL! No one in their right mind, or their finacial institution, will be willing to shell out what S**&tosell paid for that thing. The joke's on them. Someday they'll have to sell it at a substantial loss. I guess this year isn't the year eh?

Howard Dean said:
That sure didnt last. Any ideas on a new format?

Right now, it seems as though they are intent on creating a "spy-like" station. According to The Spy's Facebook page, local business have been courted by unauthorized salespeople representing themselves as representatives of The Spy.

Moxie said:
Howard Dean said:
That sure didnt last. Any ideas on a new format?

Right now, it seems as though they are intent on creating a "spy-like" station. According to The Spy's Facebook page, local business have been courted by unauthorized salespeople representing themselves as representatives of The Spy.

I guess the question is: Who, if anyone, holds the rights to "The Spy" moniker in the OKC market? Is it Ferris, Citadel, Last Bastion? If no one does, we could have competing "Spy"s...who would win in a legal battle?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom