• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Rattler, FM 97.3 and AM 1260

One odd thing I find about these stations is that in this age, they don't stream (The Bull has a broken streaming link on their not-so-recently-updated website). So, if you're on the west side, good luck trying to listen to them. It's like they are running the AM's at lower power than they used to a couple years ago.

Probably because of the expense and bureaucracy. It's a lot of work for a small station to do.
None of the 1TV/Rocket stations stream, despite having links on two of the three websites. That includes KIKO-FM (the station they've been battling a particular translator operator with over interference, but don't realize that the way they cut corners building the station is one of the reasons why their signal stinks), but they run a national satellite oldies service.

One odd thing I find about these stations is that in this age, they don't stream (The Bull has a broken streaming link on their not-so-recently-updated website). So, if you're on the west side, good luck trying to listen to them. It's like they are running the AM's at lower power than they used to a couple years ago.
You can hear The Rattler online. However, they should secure that page. That's a no-brainer if they want more listeners.

And, just like that, the stream is gone.
Hmmm.. that's weird. It looks like they moved the "stream" right to the front page. You should be able to click the play button immediately.

To clarify, I'm on a desktop right now. As I write this, there's an interview with Whitesnake's David Coverdale playing now.

CORRECTION: You're right Eric. It appears that the Coverdale interview was recorded previously. That's all you can hear online right now.

Perhaps they're currently working on the site? Oh well, at least they corrected the spelling of Dee's last name. To their credit, they immediately texted me after I e-mailed them about it. :cool:

CORRECTION: You're right Eric. It appears that the Coverdale interview was recorded previously. That's all you can hear online right now.

Perhaps they're currently working on the site? Oh well, at least they corrected the spelling of Dee's last name. To their credit, they immediately texted me after I e-mailed them about it. :cool:
I found the streaming link again. And it sounds like the far-right "Second Amendment Minutes" have intruded The Rattler, too.

The direct streaming URL is: http://69.53.208.81:21121/
Can be opened in a Chrome browser page and plugged in to media players.
There's a shortcut (but not as user-friendly as TuneIn) to play it on a popular smart speaker too. Don't know how much streams their server can provide at one time though, which is probably why they aren't yet on TuneIn.

Is it me, or does that terrible morning jock Bubba (referring to his radio voice) sound a lot like KTAR's Lunkhead? :unsure:...:confused:

That said, I applaud The Rattler for playing some classic bands that KSLX doesn't touch. 👍🏾

I've been tuning in more to this station. Personally, I think it's time to jettison A.M. idiot boy Bubba. There's nothing even remotely entertaining about him. That tripe is imitation Howard Stern (his former employer apparently), and a terrible one at that. :rolleyes:...:confused:

To Novin's credit, at least he got rid of weekend host Duneya West. Frankly, he was awful! How that guy even has a radio show is beyond me. :confused:

One down, one to go Mr. Novin. :cool:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom