• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The NPR-ing of KTAR

What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports is a goin' on at 92~Three? They've shifted left (not politically) but dial position to mimic KJZZ, leaving red meat politics to KFYI. Newscasts lead with their issue of the day, not necessarily with top news. New talk shows (Chris & Board op; retread Gaydos & Bruce) focus more on discussing community issues than goofball talking points. Will it work? The Middle Eastern Men of the Media don't think anyone can beat KJZZ at its' own game. But what do we know? Nurse Jeff and I are still waiting for Andrew the Homebuyer to return our calls.

Well, it's the most legit 92.3 has sounded since the post-McMahon era - they even (*...gasp...*) take on-air calls like they used to. Maybe they're finally reconsidering what it means to be "live & local." Still waiting beans & rice to go - no fait accompli until Bonneville quits beans & rice. As for 91.5, they're still outsourced to NPR for the majority of the day.

I listened to a bit of Chris and Joe today...damn, I lost brain cells, really dumb, but they make Gaydos seem intelligent by comparison.

Back
Top Bottom