• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The "New Lite KVIL Website"...

> It's here you guys; although not much.

Notice the typo on the front page of the site. Engergy.

Nice debut.

> It's here you guys; although not much. A radio remote is
> now called a "Lite Event..."

Um..."Lite Event" sounds like a feminine hygiene product. Close your eyes, you're flipping through channels and see a Delta Burke movie ending "This hour of lifetime for women programming brought to you by Playtex Lite Events"

Hey, who else is hungry??????<P ID="signature">______________
WG</P>

Re: The "New Lite KVIL Website"...some bad humor

That's hilarious!!!!! So, a triple shot of Michael Bolton could be called a "heavy flow" of one artist, Gene-n-Julie could invite listeners to lay around the "pad" while tuning in, and the new slogans are, "Lite makes you feel fresh all day," "Gene-n-Julie, they're like vinegar-n-water."

Tomorrow morning's first bit:
Gene: "Ya know, Julie, since we moved back to Texas, I've developed this bad Texas twang. Folks back home are calling me Tex now."
Julie: "So what does that make me? Co-Tex?"
Gene: "Oh, Julie, do you have to put in your 10-cents worth?"

First song of the day, every day: "Blinded By the Light" (wrapped up like a...something that sounds like "deuce")

But I'm sure we can all agree that this plastic format and station are, indeed, DISPOSABLE.

> > It's here you guys; although not much. A radio remote is
> > now called a "Lite Event..."
>
> Um..."Lite Event" sounds like a feminine hygiene product.
> Close your eyes, you're flipping through channels and see a
> Delta Burke movie ending "This hour of lifetime for women
> programming brought to you by Playtex Lite Events"
>
> Hey, who else is hungry??????
>

Alice...that is some funny shiznit, I think I tore something laughing...nice!<P ID="signature">______________
WG</P>

> That's hilarious!!!!! So, a triple shot of Michael Bolton
> could be called a "heavy flow" of one artist, Gene-n-Julie
> could invite listeners to lay around the "pad" while tuning
> in, and the new slogans are, "Lite makes you feel fresh all
> day," "Gene-n-Julie, they're like vinegar-n-water."
>
> Tomorrow morning's first bit:
> Gene: "Ya know, Julie, since we moved back to Texas, I've
> developed this bad Texas twang. Folks back home are calling
> me Tex now."
> Julie: "So what does that make me? Co-Tex?"
> Gene: "Oh, Julie, do you have to put in your 10-cents
> worth?"
>
> First song of the day, every day: "Blinded By the Light"
> (wrapped up like a...something that sounds like "deuce")
>
> But I'm sure we can all agree that this plastic format and
> station are, indeed, DISPOSABLE.
>

The concert series for June will be entitled A Lite "summer's Eve" event.In July there will be plenty of rag time music.(Sorry couldn't resist)." It's time now for another Lite Menopause moment" yep KVIL is certainly going to do very well;)
>

> Refreshing, you deserve to feel this good...
> lite...
>
> Definitely, we're on the sanitary products aisle at
> Walgreens!
>
Lite 103.7 for that itchy feeling.

> It's here you guys; although not much. A radio remote is
> now called a "Lite Event..."
>
> Let the new PD know what you think...
>
> [email protected]
>

Well, I'll start off by saying that I'm only looking that the design, layout, and usability of the site. So...

... I'm impressed...

It's a nice design. It's easy on the eyes, easy on the bandwidth, and easy to navigate. The page is not overrun with Flash or Javascript, which is refreshing. Also, the ads are not in the way of the actual content, and shouldn't be a problem as long as they don't blink or flash in my eyes.

I think that constraining the page to 750px wide is a little short sighted, as they could easily make the page expandable, but it does suit their layout quite well. The only problem would be seen by those who keep their display at 800X600.

To whomever designed and implemented this site: Well done.<P ID="signature">______________
"The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated."
---Oscar Wilde</P>

> Well, I'll start off by saying that I'm only looking that
> the design, layout, and usability of the site. So...
>
> ... I'm impressed...

I give it a "fair" rating. The blue letters against a light blue / white background is very hard on the eyes.

> > Refreshing, you deserve to feel this good...
> > lite...
> >
> > Definitely, we're on the sanitary products aisle at
> > Walgreens!
> >
> Lite 103.7 for that itchy feeling.
>
>>>>Bloody Good....Bloody Good!!!!!

They're using spellcheck now....

They've corrected their typo...they have synergy in their energy...

So KVIL is responsible for my energy and getting thru the day...what happened to a good night's sleep?

The website is OK but nothing to brag about. Sort of like the La Quinta I stayed at last month. La Quinta - Spanish for boring new website at Lite 103.7.
I hope they come up with some more catchy sayings...the verbiage on their website causes immediate drowsiness!

Lite Events...sort of like American Airlines calling their sack lunch a Bistro Bag.

Well, I'll start off by saying that I'm only looking that
the design, layout, and usability of the site. So...

... I'm impressed...

I give it a "fair" rating. The blue letters against a light
blue / white background is very hard on the eyes.

I'd give it a 'poor' from an IT perspective, given the resources of the originator. Considering that whomever was assigned this project would have had a minimum of 45 days (Thanksgiving at least), I would have expected something more complete. Looks like an afternoon's worth of work to me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom