• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"The Fox" comes to Watertown!

T

theradiokid

On Monday, Community Broadcasters LLC moved their Watertown market modern/active rock “Rock 100.7” off of WOTT (100.7 Henderson/Watertown.) The format moved to the newly built and signed on 94.1 signal licensed to Calcium, NY. This signal is stronger than the 100.7 frequency, and, from what I’ve read, Calcium is closer to Watertown than Henderson is. (Anyone got a map?) 94.1, which, as a CP, carried the WEFX callsign, now carries the WOTT calls, and is going by the name “94 Rock WOTT.”

So, now, what about the 100.7 frequency?

I checked it this afternoon from my post here in Oswego, NY. It’s running old TV and movie music. That’s expected. But here’s the news that Tom Taylor and radio-info aren’t reporting yet. The station is now carrying the WEFX calls, and, on air announcements are promoting the new station:

“So. What will happen here? What will they do with 100.7 now? Well… What I can tell you is… What they told me is… they’ll call it “The Fox.” So, is Watertown ready for the Fox? Can the North Country outfox the fox?...”

All right. So, it’s prediction time. What will the new format on “The Fox” be?

My prediction: I predict Classic Rock. Why? Well, when WOTT first became a rock station as “Real Rock 100.7,” it played a lot of Classic Rock in it’s mix along with the metal that’s on there now. ClansyMance, the owners at the time, did this because they wanted to take most of it’s listeners away from Classic Rock station WCIZ “Z” (93.5 Watertown.) However, over time, that was eliminated. When Community Broadcasters came in, and changed the name to “Rock 100.7,” all Classic Rock was dropped. However, I get the feeling that there’s still that big desire to eat away core listeners from “Z,” and that Community Broadcasters wants to own the male music demos. By putting Hard Modern Rock on 94.1, and Classic Rock on 100.7, they can do just that.

Now, it’s your turn.

Whatever your predictions, we’ll find out tomarro at noon… or, at least, that’s when an announcement said we’ll find out the truth about the new format on “The Fox.”

--The Radio Kid
(Oswego, NY.)
My email: [email protected]

Well, I was close. The new format on “The Fox” is Classic Hits, which is the same as saying “Lite Classic Rock.”

Artests include: Rolling Stones, Rod Stuart, The Beatles, and Elton John. The first song played was: The Rolling Stones “You Can’t Always Get What You Want.” The station is automated and jockless.

I still see the station, with it’s male heavy rock focus, as a challenger to WCIZ, which runs a Classic Rock format.

Overall, another bland and boring radio station.

--The Radio Kid
(Oswego, NY.)
My email: [email protected].

Community Broadcasters won't invest any money in the Fox and the signal is really not all that great, don't see a win just another also ran!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom