• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Edge is no more!

I have to admit....when I heard the "Star 102.1" imaging with the all-Christmas format, I immediately smelled a permanent AC format after the holidays.

Calling an AC station "Star" isn't far-fetched at all. And what better way to get people accustomed to it than with some jolly ol' Christmas music?

Since the old Edge website URL currently redirects to the Eagle website, it makes it a little harder to find the audio player for the 102.1 frequency during the stunting period.

Through the magic of the cached website for The Edge (KDGE), below is the link to the 102.1 audio player to hear the loop of Semisonic's 1998 song "Closing Time"
followed by the new format debut at 5 PM CST on Thu. 11/17/2016:

http://www.iheart.com/live/1021-the-edge-2815/?autoplay=true&pname=779&campid=header&cid=index.html

The above URL address is likely to change with the new format - maybe immediately, maybe not...stay tuned.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

The direct streaming URL to plug in to the audio player of your choice is linked below (copy + paste ONLY - do not attempt to open in a browser window):

http://kdge-fm.akacast.akamaistream.net/7/259/20088/v1/auth.akacast.akamaistream.net/kdge-fm

how do u find i heart radio back door link

No. 94.5 is owned by a different company.

97.1 is incorporating Edge-ish music to their playlist, according to on-air announcements during The Edge's "Closing Time."

nope, like newsmark said, Radio One owns 94.5 since 2000 after Clear Channel gave them the 94.5 frequency and previous 102.1 format at the time (which was jamming oldies) and jocks and the then (at the time) call letters KTXQ.

I listened to 102.1 on my way home from the office.

Considering they have jingles incorporating "Star 102.1" and given the artists they were playing (Anne Murray, among other "softer" artists), i can't help but be more convinced the format will be some form of AC after the holidays.

I may be wrong, but that's the impression I get from listening to the Christmas music.

I wonder if it will be anything like what was on 105.3 FM under the calls KRSR.

R

I listened to 102.1 on my way home from the office.

Considering they have jingles incorporating "Star 102.1" and given the artists they were playing (Anne Murray, among other "softer" artists), i can't help but be more convinced the format will be some form of AC after the holidays.

I may be wrong, but that's the impression I get from listening to the Christmas music.

I think they've already stated it'll be AC after the holidays.

The question, I think, is what kind of AC? It's hard to find two AC's that sound the same, and many sound nothing alike. iHM has shown it's not afraid to run a softer AC with its launch of The Breeze in San Fran earlier this year. I'd guess Star would sound more like KODA in Houston than the Breeze, but iHM has several AC's that sound more like KVIL during its last days as an AC, too.

I would assume it will probably be a lot like KVIL once was. Would be a trip if they got ol Chapman to help out like they did with Platinum. (Hopefully not THAT soft, though it got really good right before it was flipped)

It's been just about 4 years since Chapman had a stroke. I wonder how he's doing these days?

R

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom