• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The CW Hit By New Round Of Layoffs

Some of this is as Nexstar takes the lead role at CW.

EXCLUSIVE: The CW is undergoing another round of staff cuts, sources tell Deadline. We hear more than 15 people were affected, with the marketing/promotional team impacted, along with finance.

The laid-off employees are said to include mid- and high-level executives, including some in SVP roles. A rep for CW parent Nexstar Media declined comment.

Today’s staff reductions come a month and a half after Chris Spadaccini joined the CW as Chief Marketing Officer. They also come amid uncertainty over the programming direction of the network, which is expected to pull away from the high-end scripted series that have been dominating its schedule. So far, only flagship drama All American has been renewed for next season.

With the way CW is running (cheap programs with Laura McKenzie and Elizabeth Stanton, Penn & Teller Fool Us, etc.) I wouldn't be surprised if The CW goes away sooner than later. Or it turns into another ION-type network with lots of crime drama repeats.

With the way CW is running (cheap programs with Laura McKenzie and Elizabeth Stanton, Penn & Teller Fool Us, etc.) I wouldn't be surprised if The CW goes away sooner than later. Or it turns into another ION-type network with lots of crime drama repeats.
Penn & Teller, though, is actually intelligent and educational.

World’s Funniest Animals and Whose Line Is It Anyway are great shows, I’ll be bummed if both of them go away (this season is the last for Whose Line).

As compared to the CW ratings. I’d call it a wash.
Not even close. NewsNation's average prime time audience is around 83,000 viewers; the CW averages around 410,000. So as bad as the CW's ratings are, they still have five times the audience of NewsNation.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom