• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The CW 2024-2025 Season Thread

ABC has a movie plus AFV, which isn’t all that much more 😉 They can call it Wodnerful World of Disney all they want.

LOL now that’s a real throwback to 1994 (or

I'll watch Trivial Pursuit watched it in the 90s on The Family Channel & when it was on in syndication in 2008-09 season only lasted for a season, Scrabble as I watched that as a kid on NBC. I'll check out Joan & The Librarians The Next Chapter in the fall. Good Cop/Bad Cop & Sherlock & Daughter for midseason.

“Walker” could be walking away…

And there was this nice little tidbit:

“However, “we didn’t feel any need to rush to meet some Upfront deadline,” he said about not making renewal decisions yet.”

What a moron…what network executives announce upfronts but then still sit on the fence of a show renewal? More proof Schwartz and company have zero clue of what he’s doing…maybe he should just stayed in charge of the Pop Network.

What a moron…what network executives announce upfronts but then still sit on the fence of a show renewal? More proof Schwartz and company have zero clue of what he’s doing…maybe he should just stayed in charge of the Pop Network.
Not the first time a show hasn’t been determined at upfront. And whether good, bad or indifferent as it relates to Walker, upfronts are becoming less meaningful as some be-all & end-all event (no loss). He is right in that it is an artificial timeline; the world does not end over a show here and there not having its fate known.

Not the first time a show hasn’t been determined at upfront. And whether good, bad or indifferent as it relates to Walker, upfronts are becoming less meaningful as some be-all & end-all event (no loss). He is right in that it is an artificial timeline; the world does not end over a show here and there not having its fate known.

Yet if the execs have already made up their minds not to renew, why not just come out and say so? Be a man and just tell everyone these two shows are cancelled because you don’t have the money to produce them

IMO it’s comparable to whenever a restaurant or factory abruptly announces closure with little or no warning for employees. At least in this case the cast and crew have awareness it’s not likely to be renewed and get to be proactive to find other work elsewhere.

I liked Walker I was hoping it would get renewed I think it was financials plus Nexstar not owning the show and not making money on it is the reason Walker wasn't renewed. I hope that CBS will renew Walker as that would be a good summer show for them. Broadcast TV networks are year-round now not just Sep to May anymore.

I thought that Wild Cards was going to be renewed for season 2 and glad it will be 13 EPs. I hope Sun Of Critch returns on The CW which is also a pretty good show.

Back
Top Bottom