• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The breakfast club adds montgomery, al

Once again I saw this coming as I stated in the older post. Clear Channel Montgomery has launched The Breakfast Club on HOT 105.7 replacing Steve Harvey. No worries for Harvey fans as he is now on the CC Urban AC, MAGIC 97.1 replacing Tom Joyner.

Across town, 97.9 JAMZ has ended it's longtime relationship with the Russ Parr Morning Show in favor of Tom Joyner. Now keep in mind, 97.9 JAMZ is an Urban Mainstream. However, JAMZ does have an Hot Urban AC sister station, YO 107.1 that playes gold Urban hits from the 80s, 90s and early 00s.

I'm hedging my bets that Bluewater chose 97.9 over 107.1 for Joyner to ensure that he is still hearable on a clear signal in the immediate Montgomery County and River Region. It is his home region, so this should also make Tuskegee happy too.

Update: word has it that 107.1 has dropped the "Yo!" brand and classic hip hop/rnb format for classic rock. Hopefully Bluewater will skew 97.9 to a full service urban and tackle the all-urban CC cluster (including Hallelujah 104.3) all at once this time.

Last edited:
I'm hedging my bets that Bluewater chose 97.9 over 107.1 for Joyner to ensure that he is still hearable on a clear signal in the immediate Montgomery County and River Region. It is his home region, so this should also make Tuskegee happy too.

Update: word has it that 107.1 has dropped the "Yo!" brand and classic hip hop/rnb format for classic rock. Hopefully Bluewater will skew 97.9 to a full service urban and tackle the all-urban CC cluster (including Hallelujah 104.3) all at once this time.

A friend of mind in house at 97.9 JAMZ told me that they are indeed day parting the music now. I wish they would get rid of the Eric Edwards voice overs. As far as Tuskegee goes, my sister attended school there and I've visited and can assure you HOT 105.7 is the only Urban station in town that is listenable.

A friend of mind in house at 97.9 JAMZ told me that they are indeed day parting the music now. I wish they would get rid of the Eric Edwards voice overs. As far as Tuskegee goes, my sister attended school there and I've visited and can assure you HOT 105.7 is the only Urban station in town that is listenable.

You were right on point with thi ShawtyBlack_ATL... I bet a ton of Joyner CC affiliates will be going away at the end of their contracts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom