• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Beatles 1970 documentary 'Let It Be' debuting on Disney+ in May

This movie about the Beatles is remastered and to be released on Disney+ May 8th.

Beatles fans everywhere, rejoice. Following a tease on social media earlier this week, Disney+ has revealed some big news for fans: The Beatles documentary "Let It Be" is coming to the streaming service.

Director Michael Lindsay-Hogg's original 1970 film is set to debut on the streaming service on May 8, marking the first time the documentary has been available in more than 50 years. The film has been restored from the original 16mm negative by Peter Jackson's Park Road Post Production.

I'm a huge Beatles fan. I have the White Album cover tattooed on my arm. But the documentary that came out last year about Let It Be was a snooze fest. The movie that hasn't been available for 50 years probably hasn't been available for a reason. It wasn't their best times. We need a documentary about Rubber Soul or Revolver, not more Let It Be nonsense. Not to mention Phil Spector ruined that album. I can't even listen to the original Let It Be anymore. I prefer Let It Be... Naked without Phil Spector's Wall Of BS.

We need a documentary about Rubber Soul or Revolver, not more Let It Be nonsense.

The problem there is they didn't film those sessions. They went in to do Let It Be knowing it was going to be a movie. Some of it was shot in a movie studio. Rubber Soul was made while they were still on tour. Kind of like Help. You've already seen that movie.

The great thing about the Peter Jackson version of the movie is they found footage that told a different story than the original movie. For that reason, it's useful to be reminded of that, although I understand your exhaustion about the subject. To me, the Peter Jackson movie was much better.

I'm a huge Beatles fan. I have the White Album cover tattooed on my arm. But the documentary that came out last year about Let It Be was a snooze fest. The movie that hasn't been available for 50 years probably hasn't been available for a reason. It wasn't their best times. We need a documentary about Rubber Soul or Revolver, not more Let It Be nonsense. Not to mention Phil Spector ruined that album. I can't even listen to the original Let It Be anymore. I prefer Let It Be... Naked without Phil Spector's Wall Of BS.
I would tend to agree, even though it was my favorite era for them. A bit too much "down-time," sort of like the difference between watching something live, and watching it later, with the "down-time" bits cut out to make it flow better. And maybe it was just me, but it seemed like they rehearsed "Don't Let Me Down" and "I've Got a Feeling" far more than the other songs in that project.

Back
Top Bottom