• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Andy, Jonas, CK, Brad out of work morning show

T

tcsnrayp

What the h*ll is going one in this town? Journal, CC and Lotus all release top morning talent. CC fires promotion and sales staff. Is business really that bad? And who will go at Citadel?

If you want to add Cheap Channel bloodletting in El Lay to this,
today they bounced Kim Amidon, female half of their long-time
AM drive duo Mark (Wallengren) and Kim on KOST.

tcsnrayp said:
What the h*ll is going one in this town? Journal, CC and Lotus all release top morning talent. CC fires promotion and sales staff. Is business really that bad? And who will go at Citadel?

Welcome to the real world. Have you lived in a city beside Tucson? or the one like it? Larger markets change programs and jocks faster then you would believe. I don't think it is a representation of bad management at all. I think it's a sign that this city is trying to step it up. Frankly I kinda like it!

I don't think it is a representation of bad management at all. I think it's a sign that this city is trying to step it up. Frankly I kinda like it!

Time will tell. I don't know about you, but I don't expect any radical changes or thinking outside the box by any of these companies. Seems they're all just playing it safe... and the numbers show it!

Vamos a ver...

Sporque said:
I don't think it is a representation of bad management at all. I think it's a sign that this city is trying to step it up. Frankly I kinda like it!

Time will tell. I don't know about you, but I don't expect any radical changes or thinking outside the box by any of these companies. Seems they're all just playing it safe... and the numbers show it!

Vamos a ver...

See, this is what I am talking about my friend. The fact that the morning programing is getting dumped for new ideas is as far from "out of the box" as you can get. Only the Tucson market and others like it think that local radio stations will succeed with using the same old Jocks over and over and... Well you get the point. This town needs an overhaul to catch up to the "real" world. Out of the box? I think this market doesn't even understand where, when or what the box is all about. It's time for this cities re-education on how to make a business work.

I love the "sky is falling" attitude if something doesn't fit in the same old template people have used for decades. Big business? Big companies? Bah! They have no idea what they are doing! ;)

See, this is what I am talking about my friend. The fact that the morning programing is getting dumped for new ideas is as far from "out of the box" as you can get.

What are these "new ideas? More than likely it will be new faces with the same preprod services.

Only the Tucson market and others like it think that local radio stations will succeed with using the same old Jocks over and over and... Well you get the point.

Hmmmm... bringing in "fresh, new faces" sure doesn't seem to have done much for bolstering TV news numbers, here or elsewhere. How do you figure doing the same would work differently for radio? Experience and familiarity really does count for something.

This town needs an overhaul to catch up to the "real" world. Out of the box? I think this market doesn't even understand where, when or what the box is all about. It's time for this cities re-education on how to make a business work.
What color is the sky in your "real" world? Okay, a bit flip.. but what do you really know about the Tucson market? True that anglo-oriented radio owners never foresaw that La Caliente would blast into the top four. But if your model for radio station success was viable, wouldn't you already be making it work, turning a small, failing station into a ratings leader?

I love the "sky is falling" attitude if something doesn't fit in the same old template people have used for decades. Big business? Big companies? Bah! They have no idea what they are doing! ;)
Sky's not falling. But the climate's changing (unless you're a neocon- then it's just part of a cycle). Turning radio into an ipod probably won't work. Since it's a MASS medium, it needs to appeal to a MASS audience. Narrowcasting is great if you want to reach an audience of one. Business may be slow to change, but it does follow the money eventually (like it did to the Latino and gay markets)... or die

Musical chairs @ KLPX

Word is:

Scott Barnett from middays to the AM show

Larry Mac from Vegas (?) hired for middays, making for a whole lotta happy PTers

"We promote from within" ???

Wanna see a radio station shoot to the top -- two words: The Billy Ocean Radio Extravaganza On The Radio!

Put me on the air and I'll freshen up the entire market...cause I gots flavor crystals!

Billy Ocean said:
Put me on the air and I'll freshen up the entire market...cause I gots flavor crystals!

Don't forget your Caribbean Queen!

And you can enunciate "K-F-R-C" like no one else.
Wait, that's Bobby Ocean. Sorry.

I will neither confirm nor deny anything on this board! If you want the correct info, come to the source. Sporque...you seem bitter....very very bitter. Rest assured, bitterness will get you nowhere fast. I'm with you desertspeaks...we need someone to shine and that is about to happen. Jonas and Andy are great people and did great things with and for our station. Now that changes have occurred, it is time for everyone to move on. Living in the past does nothing...embraces change and accept that when one door closes another opens. It's up to you to walk through.

Again, as before, I will state...I'm amazed you guys don't boldly and proudly make your statements. Who are you people? Sometimes you sound like a bunch of curmudgeons sitting around reminiscing. Were hookers and blow really that great? Did payola really pay the bills? I love my job....I've been fired....I'm still not pissed. Anyone for lemonade?

Love ya!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom