• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The 2024-2025 (aka The Post Strike) Television Season Thread

ALL shows are being pushed to 2024, with the exception of animated shows and a handful of live action shows that have already filmed (Fargo, etc). I think what you meant to say is that most new shows are being pushed to the 2024-2025 broadcast season, which starts in the fall. Returning shows will start up in February for short 10-14 episode seasons, but 10 episodes isn't enough to get new shows off the ground, and there won't really be a "midseason" so new shows that would have debuted in March just...won't.

The article on Mark Cuban that says he's leaving "Shark Tank" adds that he has said before that he'd be going.

I'm wondering if his "I'm leaving" statement is really "I want more money." These co-hosts on Shark Tank get something money can't buy... they get lots of fame. After you have more money than you'll ever spend, the next thing you want is fame. And being well-known from TV probably prompts others to want to do a deal with you that you might not get if you weren't famous.

Saw somewhere that Grey's Anatomy was coming back for a handful of episodes in March on ABC. But without Ellen Pompeo, as her character left the series upon the conclusion of last season.

The article on Mark Cuban that says he's leaving "Shark Tank" adds that he has said before that he'd be going.

I'm wondering if his "I'm leaving" statement is really "I want more money." These co-hosts on Shark Tank get something money can't buy... they get lots of fame. After you have more money than you'll ever spend, the next thing you want is fame. And being well-known from TV probably prompts others to want to do a deal with you that you might not get if you weren't famous.
Mark Cuban is plenty well known, and he's not relying on Shark Tank to leverage business deals. Quite the contrary, he was quite adept at making deals before Shark Tank and parlayed that into a nice and long run doing something new. And maybe it is a tactic, or maybe he, like anyone can do, changed his mind for whatever reason--money, enjoying the gig, etc.

Everyone, even the most wealthy, like walking into a room and everyone knows who they are. Yes, he can make plenty of deals on his own. But having instant name recognition is a commodity nobody can buy. "Mark Cuban from Shark Tank is on line three." That phone call gets picked up. "Joe Schmo is on line five," may not, even if Schmo is a wealthy businessman too.

Everyone, even the most wealthy, like walking into a room and everyone knows who they are. Yes, he can make plenty of deals on his own. But having instant name recognition is a commodity nobody can buy. "Mark Cuban from Shark Tank is on line three." That phone call gets picked up. "Joe Schmo is on line five," may not, even if Schmo is a wealthy businessman too.
The dude was well known before he started Shark Tank in 2011. He's also 65 which is the time when a lot of people want to slow down a bit and enjoy life. I don't think losing Shark Tank will lose him a lot of fame, and it may open doors to other opportunities he can't partake in because of his involvement in Shark Tank.

I’m sorry, do you really think some corporate executive only knows Mark flippin Cuban from Shark Tank? Come on. He hadn’t been “Joe Schmo” for long, long before that show. And rest assured, when he walks into a room, the people he cares about know him, and not because of Shark Tank.

I knew who Mark Cuban was before Shark Tank the owner of the Dallas Mavs and going toe to toe with then NBA Commish David Stern, Mark got a lot of fines from the NBA when he became the Mavs owner which he sold majority stake in the Mavs will still run the show for the team. Mark sold it to someone in Vegas as I saw reports on it today.

Back
Top Bottom