• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The “NyQuil Chicken” demographic

There’s a buzz going about people basting and eating chicken that’s cooked in NyQuil. It’s garnered a huge following on Tiktok. This seems to be the demo that’s also leaving or choosing other options for music listenership. Is it an issue for programmers? I don’t expect this topic to generate the response my Pat Benatar post did, but given the amount of responses, I’m sure some ideas are festering in the minds of somebody or somebody’s who are ready to offer some info here. So the NyQuil Chicken demographic. How to... Also, is NyQuil Chicken any good? Asking for a friend.

This particular "TikTok challenge" was never even real. Some bureaucrat at the FDA got bamboozled and made it a thing by speaking about it.

This particular "TikTok challenge" was never even real. Some bureaucrat at the FDA got bamboozled and made it a thing by speaking about it.
Wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened. It’s a big deal now, just searching for NyQuil and “sleepy chicken” is the main and popular topic.

There’s a buzz going about people basting and eating chicken that’s cooked in NyQuil. It’s garnered a huge following on Tiktok. This seems to be the demo that’s also leaving or choosing other options for music listenership. Is it an issue for programmers? I don’t expect this topic to generate the response my Pat Benatar post did, but given the amount of responses, I’m sure some ideas are festering in the minds of somebody or somebody’s who are ready to offer some info here. So the NyQuil Chicken demographic. How to... Also, is NyQuil Chicken any good? Asking for a friend.

Turns out that the Tik Tok Challenge of the NyQuil Chicken is tied to a 4chan rant.

This is not the first time that a questionable Tik Tok trend has been exposed for being played for political gain.

In the past year there was the Ivermectin challenge which was originally reported to be trending on Tik Tok until it was revealed that it was politicians were hyping up Ivermectin for the 2022 elections as part of their conspiracy theories against COVID-19 vaccine mandates. The issue isn't Tik Tok only but how politicians would put up questionable trends on Social Media and the direct effect on Public Safety that came into play here.

Turns out that the Tik Tok Challenge of the NyQuil Chicken is tied to a 4chan rant.

This is not the first time that a questionable Tik Tok trend has been exposed for being played for political gain.

In the past year there was the Ivermectin challenge which was originally reported to be trending on Tik Tok until it was revealed that it was politicians were hyping up Ivermectin for the 2022 elections as part of their conspiracy theories against COVID-19 vaccine mandates. The issue isn't Tik Tok only but how politicians would put up questionable trends on Social Media and the direct effect on Public Safety that came into play here.

I saw a lot of this when I followed that link the other person shared. Quite a rabbit hole.

Well this is starting to head into realm of political debate. Not sure how the moderator will react. I guess we’ll see.

Back on topic. Not sure if boiling the chicken in NyQuil is such a good idea but maybe using it as a dipping sauce or glaze might be an option. There may be purists who disagree though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom