• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

TFN

How many use TFN??? How do you write out the contract and bill for TFN's?? For those of you who have used TFN in the past, have you had many cancellations? TIA

To the best of my knowledge, TFN is only used to indicate that you'll be running a commercial indefinitely. You can't write up a physical contract based on "indefinitely".

Some billing software allows you to enter a contact to bill a monthly amount with TFN. It will allow you to bill for example $500 per month TFN.

Do people cancel these orders? Not nessessarly, but it's harder to increase the monthly amount and increase the rates when they get used to paying the same amount.

There is a certain and subtle advantage. TFN as opposed to having a kill date on copy insures that the spot will be there to run as scheduled. Even if the AE forgets to extend it. Saves in the Make Good Department! ;D

I'm assuming that you are talking about TFN as in the contract not the copy.

And yes I use it, in a small market like i'm in, we are very informal... So once I know I have a good relationship with a client, and they have seen results, and we have followed through on all our promises, I ask if they might be interested in going TFN.

Then I explain that there is no obligation, and they can cancel at anytime, but this is to make things easier on them, this way they won't have to keep debating contracts and prices with me, we can agree on something and run with it.

(we usually get new copy every month.)

TFN works in a contract if you say, CAN BE CANCELLED WITH 30 DAYS written NOTICE. Lots of times people forget and contracts run longer.

J said; "So once I know I have a good relationship with a client, and they have seen results, and we have followed through on all our promises, I ask if they might be interested in going TFN."

WELL...If you know people have MONEY and are HAPPY, get an ANNUAL. TFN's mean the rate won't go up. You can negotiate with an annual better than a tfn. We used tfn for most of our barter accounts.

TFN's are for "special friends" and "far away" cllents (those in other stations territory) only.

Everyone is right. It can be good, it can be bad. TFN can keep rates from rising UNLESS you have such a good relationship with the client that you can logically explain why their rate must go up in order for them to keep their present position/times. A good client will understand, a normal client will refuse and you'll have to cancel their contract to save face....TFN-Til Further Notice-both parties are bound so either party many cancel the contract at the time of their choosing....but you'd better be in a postion where your inventor is sold out (or close) AND have someone ready to buy the newly available inventory OR you'd damn well better have an excellent relationship with your managers. For the good clients you should also give them a time period before raising the rate, we usually used sixty days. TFN can also protect you from falling rates with the previously mentioned good clients which is very artful in accomplishing.....from what I hear this seems to be the best use of TFN is todays pricing trends.

Selling is art. Accounting is science. If you can practice the mental dexterity of both then you should be a GM but in todays business world it'll get you shown the door because you're a threat as will the poor use of TFN because they couldn't understand it from the beginning.

Fun stuff, ask more!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom