• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tennessee Radio in the 1980s

Hello to all! I am posting on here to say that I love learning about radio history plus I enjoy hearing some old vintage airchecks along the way. I have created a new website devoted to radio in Tennessee during the 1980s.

The idea of this website came to me while I was listening to an old WLAF aircheck from 1983 that contains most of a trading post broadcast. From this idea, I created a website to pay tribute to radio in Tennessee during the 1980s. On my website, I plan to post airchecks, bumper stickers and other things related to Tennessee radio during the 1980s.

I hope you'll take the time to view this website and enjoy what radio was like in Tennessee during the 1980s. I am always looking for airchecks, bumper stickers and more things related to radio in Tennessee during the 1980s. If you have what you are looking for, email me today at [email protected] and I'll be sure to post it.

You can view this website at http://tennesseeradiointhe1980s.blogspot.com/ and let's enjoy what radio sounded like in Tennessee during the 1980s.

- Derrick

I have been donating items like that to the Tennessee Radio Hall of Fame for years now. Here is a link to their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121957024614428/

I have keys to a couple of their storage units down in south Nashville, although I am not the only one with such access.

The TRHoF's current historian resides in Germantown, and he and I are Facebook friends. I live in Pegram, near Nashville, and whenever he is in town, he and I will meet up at the storage units. Our previous historian moved down to the Austin, TX, area, and entrusted me with the keys to the units (as well as the access codes, etc.) right before he moved last year. He and I are also Facebook friends, and he will probably return to middle TN for the TRHoF banquet, usually held in Murfreesboro, in May.

I have looked at your site, and it appears that you have mostly East TN memorabilia there. I am a west TN native, and current middle TN resident for nearly 25 years now, so my collection of radio station memorabilia was primarily of middle and weststate items, although I also had items from bordering towns in Kentucky, like Murray, Paducah, and Hopkinsville (probably collected by me when I lived in Clarksville.) I offered to pull the out-of-state stuff out of the items that I wanted to donate, but my email contact, also now a Facebook friend of mine, told me that they would be glad to collect out-of-state materials, too. So I just went ahead and donated it all! I had way too many refrigerator magnets, so I just went ahead and donated radio-related magnets, too.

I have some audio material that I have donated, but I still have copies of most of it, and would be glad to send some of that to you, as well.

I have been donating items like that to the Tennessee Radio Hall of Fame for years now. Here is a link to their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121957024614428/

I have keys to a couple of their storage units down in south Nashville, although I am not the only one with such access.

The TRHoF's current historian resides in Germantown, and he and I are Facebook friends. I live in Pegram, near Nashville, and whenever he is in town, he and I will meet up at the storage units. Our previous historian moved down to the Austin, TX, area, and entrusted me with the keys to the units (as well as the access codes, etc.) right before he moved last year. He and I are also Facebook friends, and he will probably return to middle TN for the TRHoF banquet, usually held in Murfreesboro, in May.

I have looked at your site, and it appears that you have mostly East TN memorabilia there. I am a west TN native, and current middle TN resident for nearly 25 years now, so my collection of radio station memorabilia was primarily of middle and weststate items, although I also had items from bordering towns in Kentucky, like Murray, Paducah, and Hopkinsville (probably collected by me when I lived in Clarksville.) I offered to pull the out-of-state stuff out of the items that I wanted to donate, but my email contact, also now a Facebook friend of mine, told me that they would be glad to collect out-of-state materials, too. So I just went ahead and donated it all! I had way too many refrigerator magnets, so I just went ahead and donated radio-related magnets, too.

I have some audio material that I have donated, but I still have copies of most of it, and would be glad to send some of that to you, as well.

Firepoint525, I sent you a private message. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom