• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tell me about Dick Graham and Kal Rudman?

So people have been uploading old World Wrestling Federation shows from the 1980's PRISM network and I'd like to know more about play-by-play announcer Dick Graham and the locker room interviewer, Kal Rudman. I thought both guys were awful at their jobs, but haven't been able to find out much.

Apparently Rudman was either a Philly DJ who did a lot of promo work for the various wrestling theme song albums that the WWF put out in the mid-1980's, and that's how he got the job as interviewer, OR, he was a local marketing exec who put out a weekly newsletter about the Philly radio industry and used his influence with that to get the interviewer gig.

As for Graham, I can't find anything save that he was the local Philly PBP announcer for the WWF dating back to the 1970's. Does anyone know why he wore a women's heart-shaped pendant necklace? Did that belong to his dead wife or something?

So people have been uploading old World Wrestling Federation shows from the 1980's PRISM network and I'd like to know more about play-by-play announcer Dick Graham and the locker room interviewer, Kal Rudman. I thought both guys were awful at their jobs, but haven't been able to find out much.

Apparently Rudman was either a Philly DJ who did a lot of promo work for the various wrestling theme song albums that the WWF put out in the mid-1980's, and that's how he got the job as interviewer, OR, he was a local marketing exec who put out a weekly newsletter about the Philly radio industry and used his influence with that to get the interviewer gig.

As for Graham, I can't find anything save that he was the local Philly PBP announcer for the WWF dating back to the 1970's. Does anyone know why he wore a women's heart-shaped pendant necklace? Did that belong to his dead wife or something?

Kal Rudman founded the FMQB (Friday Morning Quarterback) radio tipsheet which goes back, IIRC, about 50 years. I first subscribed in the early 70's and used it at WERC-FM in Birmingham, AL... far from Philly. I don't know too much about Kal personally, but at least this is a start.

Later examples of FMQB: http://www.americanradiohistory.com/FMQB.htm

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom