• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

TBS Extends Baseball Agreement

It will be interesting to see how the expanded baseball postseason will do in the ratings. The early rounds will have the NBA finals and NFL and college football regular seasons for competition, but by the time the ALCS, NLCS and World Series are played, Lebron should have his fifth championship salted away. I hope that, as planned, some fans are allowed into the "bubble" sites for the final two rounds, might help retain viewers.

Also the Stanley Cup to if Lightning do not win tomorrow. Know time for a new deal with ESPN to that Includes rotatiin with FOX for both All-Star Game and Workd Series.

How about soccer?!

The NHL lags behind soccer. One Sunday evening a few years ago, a Mexican soccer league match beat out an NHL game.

The NHL is still part of the big 4. Soccer will never overtake the majors sports.

Univision's Spanish-language news and entertainment programs often draw viewer numbers comparable to -- or even slightly greater than -- several English-language networks' offerings each week. I'd find it entirely believable that a highly anticipated game in the Mexican first division could do better on ESPN Deportes overall than a typical regular season hockey matchup on the NHL Network or even NBC on Sunday afternoons. My intuition is that, even with hockey's lack of appeal across huge swaths of the United States, the Stanley Cup finals on NBC in English are still seen by more people than whatever Mexican futbol is being shown in Spanish on ESPN Deportes.

I have a feeling Mr. Eduardo will be entering this conversation at some point with numbers sure to surprise and disappoint us gringo hockey fans, though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom