• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Taos to get KHFM translator?

Looks like, according to an FCC filing, assignment of license for translator K292FW will go from "Telebeeper of New Mexico" (whatever that is) to the American General Media Foundation, which I believe runs KHFM out of Santa Fe. I'm not aware of other stations the foundation would own.

On KHFM's website, it does mention presenting a virtual chamber music festival for Taos School of Music, so I guess a translator would not be the station's first Taos connection.

It'll be interesting to see if anything's actually built out. I believe the license for the translator was first granted in 2015, but nothing ever actually went on the air. My parents' home is pretty close to the proposed transmitter, so I'm pretty sure I would've picked up something around there if it ever did go on the air.

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-365826A1.pdf

Looks like, according to an FCC filing, assignment of license for translator K292FW will go from "Telebeeper of New Mexico" (whatever that is) to the American General Media Foundation, which I believe runs KHFM out of Santa Fe. I'm not aware of other stations the foundation would own.

On KHFM's website, it does mention presenting a virtual chamber music festival for Taos School of Music, so I guess a translator would not be the station's first Taos connection.

It'll be interesting to see if anything's actually built out. I believe the license for the translator was first granted in 2015, but nothing ever actually went on the air. My parents' home is pretty close to the proposed transmitter, so I'm pretty sure I would've picked up something around there if it ever did go on the air.

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-365826A1.pdf

It was first granted in 2008 but theres nothing on file between 2008 and 2015... and it wouldve expired well before 2015 if not built.

Telebeeper looks like they hold translator licenses and are closely associated with Don Davis in ABQ

I think that 106.3 may have been relaying KOAZ (The Oasis).

I think that 106.3 may have been relaying KOAZ (The Oasis).

This is the translator that they tried to move to Tijeras at 96.7 with KOAZ as the source station. However the permit expired early last year without being built. The other translators owned by Telebeeper of NM (so how is the beeper business these days? :D ) are K240EC in Santa Fe which is the Santa Fe "Oasis" via KSFE Grants and K229CL 93.7 in ABQ which airs KIVA 1600 owned by Rock of Talk LLC.

AGMF also recently bought a translator in Roswell at 103.1 that they are upgrading to 250 watts as well as one in Ruidoso at 95.9 so it looks like they may be building up a statewide network. I think they are the only classical station in the state, but not entirely certain.

Don works with Telebeeper all the time as well as AGM I worked for the guy he gets those two companies to help him look at how when Agm bought univision immediately they spun those stations off to Don he knows how to work the system

Don works with Telebeeper all the time as well as AGM I worked for the guy he gets those two companies to help him look at how when Agm bought univision immediately they spun those stations off to Don he knows how to work the system

i had to read this three times to figure out what was being said due to lack of punctuation

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom