• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Syndicated shows in HD 2012-2013....

cutelittlecaramelkid

Inactive
Inactive User
To my knowledge, these syndicated shows will be in HD this upcoming 2012-2013 season...

Wendy Williams (will be in HD starting Sept. 10th)
Steve Harvey (Sept. 4th; even though the others NBCUniversal shows (Jerry, Maury, Steve and the new Trisha) will be in SD and in Stamford, Connecticut, Steve's show will be taped in Chicago at the NBC Tower in Jerry Springer's old studio)
Ricki Lake (Sept. 10th)
Jeff Probst (Sept. 10th)
Judge Judy (full blown HD - was showing commercials in HD last two seasons)
Katie Couric (Sept. 10th)
Rachael Ray (Sept. 17th)

I thought Family Feud [Steve Harvey] was going the HD route as well from their Atlanta studios as well...

-crainbebo

cutelittlecaramelkid said:
To my knowledge, these syndicated shows will be in HD this upcoming 2012-2013 season...

Wendy Williams (will be in HD starting Sept. 10th)
Steve Harvey (Sept. 4th; even though the others NBCUniversal shows (Jerry, Maury, Steve and the new Trisha) will be in SD and in Stamford, Connecticut, Steve's show will be taped in Chicago at the NBC Tower in Jerry Springer's old studio)
Ricki Lake (Sept. 10th)
Jeff Probst (Sept. 10th)
Judge Judy (full blown HD - was showing commercials in HD last two seasons)
Katie Couric (Sept. 10th)
Rachael Ray (Sept. 17th)

Where did you hear that Steve Wilkos's moving back to Chicago? According to his website, his show is taped in Stamford, CT, with his shows taped on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. If you're not aware, his show originated in Chicago at WMAQ-TV studios, but NBC Universal decided to move both Jerry Springer & Steve Wilkos out of Chicago, & tape their shows in Stamford, CT with Maury Povich. I highly doubt NBC Universal is moving Steve Wilkos's show back to Chicago anytime soon, though it would be nice if his show did return to Chicago. I however want Jerry Springer to stay in Stamford, CT.

He's refering to Steve Harvey's show being taped at the NBC Tower. The other Steve is Steve Wilkos which is staying non-HD in Stamford, CT.

-crainbebo

crainbebo said:
He's refering to Steve Harvey's show being taped at the NBC Tower. The other Steve is Steve Wilkos which is staying non-HD in Stamford, CT.

-crainbebo

He should have been specific. Steve Harvey will be doing a lot of traveling between Atlanta & Chicago. I don't know why NBC Universal couldn't have done his show in Atlanta, unless they don't own any stations down there, & chose Chicago instead.

Dave said:
crainbebo said:

-crainbebo

He should have been specific. Steve Harvey will be doing a lot of traveling between Atlanta & Chicago. I don't know why NBC Universal couldn't have done his show in Atlanta, unless they don't own any stations down there, & chose Chicago instead.

Dave, Steve Harvey will be in Chicago. Also, he will not be doing any traveling as he already recorded the upcoming season of "Family Feud" and is uprooting his family to Chicago and do both his radio show (via Urban AC station WVAZ) and his TV show (at the NBC Tower, which is right across the street from the radio station) there. He is in the process at talking Fremantle to move "Family Feud" to Chicago, too....

Not exactly HD, but Judge Mathis and The People's Court are now presented in what appears to be 16x9 SD.

It looks as if Maury went HD, as it's now widescreen for this season. I believe if his show went HD, then Jerry & Steve also went HD (they share the same studios). That probably means Trisha is HD as well, as her show also shares the same studios.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom