• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Swing 1270

vchimpanzee said:
This is a station in Buffalo that someone told me about elsewhere on this site. I looked at the web site http://www.Swing1270.com/, which has a playlist, and it streams. The playlist is the most traditional I have seen on a radio station in ages.

Listening to it now...very nice. Very "old school" adult standards, as it used to be. Not that strange standards-soft AC amalgamation one would expect to find these days from an "adult standards" station.

very interesting format.........the following was played while i listened..

Brian hyland - Gypsy woman
bobby darin - more
Frankie Laine - rawhide
ernie ford - 16 tons
dean martin - memories are made of this
pat boone - I'll be home
tony bennet - the way you look tonight
eddie heywood - soft summer breeze
nat cole - there I've said it again
ramsey lewis - in crowd
billy eckstine - i want to be loved
ray conniff singers - invisible tears
perry como - magic moments
roger williams - autumn leaves

i like all those cuts...it's certainly a different mix ...hey why not, at least it is creative, and that is what the Oldies format needs , before it becomes extinct....pretty cool man. It is on my favorites and it went straight to my top 5 favorite stations...

Sort of reminds me of WIOS in Tawas City, MI, which will think nothing of playing Teresa Brewer, Susan Boyle, and a classic country chestnut in the same quarter-hour.

Toronto's AM 740 seems to have dayparted most of their big-band-era music to the evening hours, so this would be a good alternative for those who wish to hear that era of music more often.

listening this morning:
Jerry Vale - Al Di La
Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
Billy Vaughn - Shifting Sands
Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
Elvis - Are you lonesome tonight
Nat Cole - Ballerina
I'm confessin' - Les Paul and Mary Ford
On the sunny side - Tommy Dorsey
I Like your kind of love - Andy Williams
Frank Sinatra - My Kind Of Town
Patsy Cline - Crazy
Doris day - Everybody loves a Lover
Guy Mitchell - My heart Cries for you (never realized how much he sounded like Perry Como on this cut) I met Al Cernik (real Name) once, real nice guy, got a great picture of me with him and the genius programmer George Wilson.
Jackie DeShannon - the classic Burt Bacharach hit "What the world neesd is Love"
Pat Boone - April Love

Wow still sounding Gooooooooood. Between this station and "Hit Of Yesteryear", I can go soft and back to Rock N' roll, with the a click of the mouse....

Hi Folks:

I tried the station today for the first time. I am really enjoying it. Much Much better than what Sirius was offering.

Mike

I am still digging this station

this evening I heard

Return To Me (50's)- Dean Martin...this song still gives me chills to this day
Silver Threads (60's )- Springfields (feat Dusty Springfield-aka mary O
Brien)
Rags to Riches (50's)- tony Bennet..
Boogie Woogie (40's) -Tommy Dorsey......later done in the 50's by brother Jimmy Dorsy As "JD's Boogie"
Nancy (50's) - Frank
Roses are Red(60's) - Bobby V
Sweet Violets - Dinah Shore
I want You I Need You i Love (50's) - Elvis
Cotton Fields (60's) - highyway men....this where I came In

earlier they played, before I tuned In:
Love Me With all of your heart - Ray Charles.,....I think They meant Ray Charles Singers,big difference.

i just have to marvel at the programming (40's, 50's 60's all in one set, I love It)...and everyone who has heard It has liked It

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom