• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Stubie Doak

I read here, but very seldom post. Just a radio fan.

I get in my vehicle every morning a couple of minutes before 5:00 AM and tune to WBAP to see if I will be able to listen that day. I see if that Brian whats his name is there or not. If he is not on, I keep it tuned in, if he is there, I bail.
I feel about him the same way most on here feel about Russ Martin. ::)
I just can't stand him, I feel sorry for Hal having to put up with him. He is just not funny. And he relies to much on the internet. If he had to do a show without the internet, he would fall flat on his face even more than he does now (in my opinion as a lowly listener).

I have always enjoyed Stubie Doak when they would have one of his bits (parody songs) through the years. After hearing today's show, they really should replace that Brian whats his name with Stubie.

I know it will never happen, but I can dream.

The worst thing WBAP ever did was to get rid of all the characters they used to have on. John Hanson and Eric Harley were just amazing with their characters. Sure miss them.

At least I have one more morning of Stubie!

OK, back to regular programming.

Travis :)

I agree with you fully. WBAP news is such a joke now because of how they choose to do it. And they have some of the best people in the business like Carla Marian and Mark Wadkins and Brad Barton.

I had the pleasure of working with Stubie at 105.3 during the glory days at Young Country. Stubie is one of the most talented and the nicest guy I've ever worked with.

Jay Walker said:
I had the pleasure of working with Stubie at 105.3 during the glory days at Young Country. Stubie is one of the most talented and the nicest guy I've ever worked with.

I agree completely having worked with him at Young Country's predecessor, KRSR. He is every bit as funny off the air as when the mic is hot. As you said, he's a perfect gentleman and always had an upbeat, optimistic disposition.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom