• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Still Fighting for the Youth Population

Hey Everyone,

My writing career is now shooting off to the moon. It's having big time success. With that career firmly established and only getting better, I'm now back to doing something else. Since Redeemer radio is only interested in buying out an existing radio station and turning it into an affiliate of theirs, I've now decided to leave them alone. Since we don't need another Traditional based Gospel radio station, I'm now going to pursue something else. I'm still fighting for the youth population.

Just contacted these people: K-Love (Again), WAY FM from Huntsville (Again) and WVRV From Montgomery, to see if they want to help me fill in a format hole we have for a Youth Oriented Christian radio station. This community has a real need for one and I want to help make it possible. For those that told me to fight for this, I'm going all out and will not be detoured from it. The youth are far more important to me anyway and I want to give them something positive and uplifting to listen to. They're being fed unhealthy trash, on our local radio and I'm still sick and tired of it.

Now if anyone reading knows of anyone and/or wants to help this "Fixed Income Person and Gospel Communicator" pursue a "Real CCM Station" at 93.3 FM, here in Selma Alabama, let me know and I'll be sure to seek them out. I'm very disgusted with my local radio dial and want to help change it. All it takes is for one person to change the whole world. I want to be that one person and get my hometown on fire for God and help put the evil acts in their place.

I can only take so much of the Talk, Southern Gospel, Mass Choirs and Trashy Music/Programming anyway. It does get boring after a while and quite frankly I'm beyond bored.

R.D.P. <><

P.S. Although I respect Moody and AFR, I'm not going to wait for them to block out time for the youth. Let them have their Mature Adults program and presentation. It seems to be working for them anyway and why should a "Jesus Freak" like myself rock their "Comfort Zone".

RDP

I hear your struggle and feel your pain 100%! Sound like we have the same heart and passion. That's why I do what I do on the small level it's done at the current time - but I know it's my calling to one day start the precise station you are talking about here in North Carolina.

[email protected]

get in touch with me and maybe we can unify our efforts.

Thanks for your beautiful response. Hope you got my letter. If not, let me know and I'll resend it.

R.D.P. <><

K-Love did contact me.

At this time, they won't be able to assist me due to various reasons.

They did share my request with their Signal Expansion Team, to see what they could do.

I hope something awesome and wonderful will result from them doing it.

R.D.P. <><

Your problem is a bit different from mine. The CCM music station in our market (WXHL "Reach FM") only plays for the youth with CCM top 40, never do they or would they ever play any CCM gold from the 70's, 80's or 90's. The other Christian stations include: one that features dollar a holler preachers with the rare times of mellow CCM between preachers. This music I could easily listen to if that was the actual format, but the music is played where they don't have a current show, but are waiting for one to fill that 15 minute block. Then there are the two Christian talk stations (via Salem - one Christian talk, the other conservative talk), and Family Radio which plays hymns and Harold Camping's version of the Bible.

So in the two markets (#75 Wilmington Delaware and #6 Philly) the youth audience is king along with the old demo, but the original CCM audience, who'd be blessed to hear some CCM gold is left out in the cold. So I rarely listen to Christian radio. So I understand your frustration, but from the opposite direction.

I like the CCM Oldies too. Still have many of those CD's in my collection. I still even have the first Christian CD, I ever purchased. Got this one back in 1992 and it's still in mint condition. This CD is Lord of the Past: A Compilation by Bob Bennett. The sound quality may be dated now but the songs are just wonderful.

This CD is no longer in print and I'm trying real hard to take care of this copy. They just don't make CD's like this one any more.

Oh well, you can't have everything you want.

R.D.P. <><

P.S. I'm glad that Mr. Ronnie Bruce, at WDJC in Birmingham, is still playing the Oldies every Friday. When you get the chance, Mikefromdeleware and any other CCM Oldies Fan, visit this link and listen very often: http://www.wdjconline.com/ When you listen, you might even find yourself singing along. Make sure that you listen on Fridays, from 10 A.M. till 3 P.M. C.S.T. That's when he'll be doing this.

Thanks for the heads up about WDJC Fridays from 11am-4pm Eastern.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom